Tagged: Pet Sitting Vs. Boarding
September 16, 2018 at 8:31 am #51439
Pet-sitting services are a great alternative to boarding for dogs and cats. Here is a short list of questions to ask yourself when you are making such an important decision.
- Do your pets have problems with large groups of animals? Though many dogs seem to like the social aspects of a boarding kennel, shy, aggressive or nervous dogs may be stressed by groups. Cats and birds can be intimidated by other animals as well.
- Has your pet experienced separation anxiety when away from his own home and family? While many pets, especially dogs, enjoy new experiences, some feel much more secure at home. Keeping their habits the same can be good for their mental and physical health.
- Do your pets have all the vaccinations required for boarding? For the protection of all dogs in a kennel, a bordetella (kennel cough) inoculation is required twice a year and other vaccines must be given annually. Owners of dogs and cats that have had bad reactions to vaccinations in the past may prefer not to vaccinate often and therefore cannot board.
- Is your pet older or does he/she require specific care due to health problems? Older pets are often happiest when their routines and surroundings are constant. Pets who require special health care will likely get a much better service from a pet sitter.
- Do have multiple pets? It can get very expensive to board more than one pet and you can get a much cheaper and personal service with a pet sitter.
- Do you prefer knowing that your pets are at home in familiar surroundings? With a pet sitter you don’t have to worry about getting your pets to a boarding facility, how they might react to the facility and arranging pickup when you come home. With a pet sitter, your loving pet will be waiting for you when you walk through the door!
Contact Waggers Pet Sitting Services
To speak with a Waggers representative, please call (919) 244-3940, fill out the contact form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you and to get to know your amazing pet!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.