www.inopets.com and its associates or third parties partners realize that social media and networking websites have become a regular part of everyday life and that many people enjoy membership of sites such as Facebook, MySpace or Twitter. However, we are also aware that these sites can become a negative forum for complaining or gossiping and care must be taken not to breach our confidentiality policy or offend anyone when using these services.
General Information The following policy has been designed to give our online visitors or members clear guidelines as to what www.inopets.com and associates expect of them when accessing our pet parents classifieds site. The absence of, or lack of, explicit reference to a specific website or service does not limit the extent of the application of this policy. Where no policy or guidelines exist, associates should use their professional judgment and take the most prudent action possible. Please consult with your media professionals if you are uncertain.
Guidance for Personal or Business Use If you have your own personal or business profile on on our website, you should make sure that others cannot access any content, media or information from that profile that;
(a) you are not happy them to have access to; and
(b) which would undermine your position as a professional, trusted and responsible person.
As a basic rule, if you are not happy for others you work with to see particular comments, media or information simply do not post it in our public forum online. When using social media sites, site members should consider the following:
- a) Changing the privacy settings on your profile so that only people you have accepted as friends can see your content.
- b) Reviewing who is on your ‘friends list’ on your personal profile. In most situations you should not accept friend requests on your personal profile from ‘clients’ you work with (This includes young people, parents, etc).
- c) Ensuring personal blogs have clear disclaimers that the views expressed by the author are theirs alone and do not represent the views of www.inopets.com and associates. Make your writing clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of www.inopets.com and associates.
- b) Ensuring information published on the Internet complies with www.inopest.com and associates terms and conditions and data protection policies. Breach of confidentiality will result in disciplinary action and may result in termination of your access/contract with us.
- c) Ensuring you are always respectful towards: www.inopets.com and associates and/or all our online Members, Business Partners or his Associates, Parents and Families (including children and other relatives), Other Agencies and Partners
All Members/visitors should be aware that any disrespectful comments to the above might be seen as libellous and could result in disciplinary action or termination of your access/contract.
1) www.inopets,com and associates logos and trademarks may not be used without written consent.
2) At all times, you are an ambassador and responsible for your own actions Be aware that your actions captured via images, posts or comments online can reflect on the www.inopets.com and associates organization.
3) Use of Official Accounts www.inopets.com and its associates that may operate a number of accounts on social media websites for the promotion of activities and events, and as a communication method. The following outlines the limits of their use;
- a) An official account on any social media website may only be set-up with written consent from www.inopets.com associates.
- b) Only authorized associates may use these accounts to post online and access to the account should be strictly limited.
- c) All information published on the Internet must comply with www.inopets.com and associates terms and condition and data protection policies.
- d) Parents or children should not be referenced online without their express consent. This includes all photos, videos and other media.
- e) Copyright laws must be respected, with references or sources cited appropriately.
- f) Any members or visitor who becomes aware of social networking activity that would be deemed distasteful should make www.inopets.com and associates aware as soon as possible. All members/visitors using www.inopets.com and associates official accounts must adhere to the above guidelines; breech of this policy may result in disciplinary action and/or termination of your access / contract.
Terms Social Networking Policy, General Information Social Networking Policy, Guidance for Personal or Business, Social Networking Policy, Members and visitors Social Networking Policy, All information published Social Networking Policy, Trademarks Social Networking Policy, Internet complies Social Networking Policy