Pet Food Labeling
Pet Food Labeling, information on the latest pet food labeling regulations and dog and cat food packaging nutrition marketing trends.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: 4 possible updates to AAFCO pet food labeling guidelines - Pet Food Labeling
The Pet Food Committee of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) discussed pet food labeling modernization efforts.
- Tue, 03 Apr 2018 08:00:00 +0000: Pet food transparency: buzzword, urban legend or reality? - Pet Food Labeling
Transparency shouldn’t be used merely as a pet food buzzword and should have some teeth behind its meaning. Pet owners want the facts as they stand today.
- Mon, 02 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Clean label pet foods need identifiable ingredients - Pet Food Labeling
The exact definition of a clean label remains amorphous.
- Fri, 30 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: ‘No ingredients from China’ pet food offensive to some - Pet Food Labeling
Not all consumers or pet specialty store clerks may be aware of the decade-old reasoning behind “no ingredients from China” labeling.
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Low-glycemic dog food labels may mislead consumers - Pet Food Labeling
Unlike cats and humans who develop Type 2 diabetes as a result of insulin resistance and hyperglycemia, there is no published evidence of this in dogs.
- Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:53:00 +0000: AAFCO makes progress on pet food labeling modernization - Pet Food Labeling
From nutrition facts to handling instructions, the Pet Food Committee has been making progress on several pet food labeling fronts.
- Mon, 19 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food calorie counts compared to weight-control claims - Pet Food Labeling
An analysis of Petfood Industry’s Dog and Cat Food Ingredient Center database explored how calories related to weight-control labeling on pet foods.
- Tue, 30 Jan 2018 06:00:00 +0000: Are human grade pet foods really human grade? - Pet Food Labeling
Depending on which US state you manufacture your pet food in, it may be difficult or impossible to meet guidelines for human grade pet food claims.
- Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:00:00 +0000: Pet food nutrition research addresses pet obesity - Pet Food Labeling
A popular human dieting method shows up in a pet food, plus nutrigenomics and research into feeding amounts and pet food labels may help treat pet obesity.
- Mon, 29 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Fresh meat pet food consumer demands differ in US and EU - Pet Food Labeling
European and US dog and cat food companies may have different notions of what high meat inclusion means.
- Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 5: product names - Pet Food Labeling
What does the name tell you about the pet food? Sometimes a name can meet regulatory requirements and still not clearly describe what’s inside the package.
- Tue, 23 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: ‘Made in Canada’ label helps sell dog and cat food - Pet Food Labeling
In addition, some Canadian pet food producers follow legislation and guidelines set in the United States.
- Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:00:00 +0000: Global pet care sales grew 14 percent in past five years - Pet Food Labeling
Driven by trends like clean label, transparency and sustainability, pet food and pet care sales continue to grow faster than those of other packaged goods.
- Thu, 04 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 4: organic, non-GMO - Pet Food Labeling
Learn how organic pet food claims differ from non-GMO claims, plus ones like natural, made in the USA, and the difference between US and EU pet food claims.
- Tue, 05 Dec 2017 16:00:00 +0000: Top 2018 pet food trends: clean label, full transparency - Pet Food Labeling
The lists of pet food trends and human food trends for 2018 are both topped by clean product labels and full ingredient and product transparency.
- Sat, 02 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food packaging report forecasts 7 percent growth - Pet Food Labeling
Europe’s pet food packaging market may grow at seven percent CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 3: natural - Pet Food Labeling
For US pet food labels, it helps to know the nuances of the regulatory definition for natural claims, and consider what consumers believe natural means.
- Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:00:00 +0000: Pet food, human food trends: what consumers really want? - Pet Food Labeling
The clean label trend in pet food and human food now includes more than just ingredients. The key is ensuring it leads consumers to truly healthy choices.
- Mon, 27 Nov 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food labels may underestimate number of calories - Pet Food Labeling
This calorie-count problem may result from a calculation used when determining the calories displayed on pet food labels.
- Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 2: animal raising - Pet Food Labeling
‘Humanely raised’ is a new pet food claim used to differentiate premium products, but there is no regulatory definition, and some claims can be misleading.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food labeling, inopets, dog food, cat food, poultry by-products, pet food labeling, pet food products, country-of-origin labeling, pets food, pet food labeling, dry food, meat meal, pet food labeling, gmo labeling, dogs and cats, food allergen, pet food labeling, pets health, animal feed, pet food labeling, gluten free, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,