- Wed, 22 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Byproduct protein digestibility may rival fresh chicken - Pet Food Extrusion
Poultry meal and raw chicken may provide similar levels of essential amino acids after extrusion. Fish by-products were the most digestible in wet dog food.
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Three day course on pet food extrusion at Texas A&M - Pet Food Extrusion
The program will cover material handling, preconditioning, extrusion of pet foods, extruded and non-extruded treats, raw material, extrusion hardware and other topics.
- Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Global dry pet food production increases over 10 percent - Pet Food Extrusion
Production of dry pet food worldwide reached 24.98 million metric tons in 2016, according to Alltech, with some pet food markets showing robust increases.
- Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food extrusion course offered in Europe - Pet Food Extrusion
A food and feed drying technology program is offered the previous week. Participants can choose to attend extrusion or drying courses individually, or in combination.
- Mon, 09 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Why pet food extruder maintenance saves time, money - Pet Food Extrusion
Reducing employee turn-over can help pet food manufacturers improve production and reduce equipment costs.
- Wed, 04 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: High-meat pet food formulas may increase safety risks - Pet Food Extrusion
Tripling the amount of raw meat in a pet food formulation also triples the safety risk exposure, said an industry professional at Petfood Forum 2016.
- Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:00:00 +0000: Highlighting dry pet food’s key role in Mexican market - Pet Food Extrusion
Driven by dry and dog food sales and the emerging premium category, Mexico can benefit from producers learning best practices in ingredients and production.
- Thu, 17 Nov 2016 05:00:00 +0000: #tbt Pet food extrusion safety, innovation and costs - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food manufacturers can learn from research and previous reports on extrusion about how to maximize important factors, such as costs, safety and new product innovation.
- Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Novel protein science at Petfood Innovation Workshop - Pet Food Extrusion
Topics included protein properties, shelf-life and sensory experiment results, and potential uses for chemicals derived from African spotted hyenas.
- Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:19:00 +0000: Pet food extrusion: specialty processing flexibility is key - Pet Food Extrusion
As trends such as specialty ingredients and high-meat formulations grow in the pet food market, extruders are innovating to ensure success for themselves and their customers.
- Tue, 01 Nov 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Why fiber in dog food increases extrusion energy costs - Pet Food Extrusion
In an experiment, pet food extruder energy use increased when insoluble fiber was added to dog food recipes.
- Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:00:00 +0000: How to boost profits by looking at moisture in pet food - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food manufacturers track maintenance costs and sometimes energy costs, but rarely do they track the costs associated with over drying. Frequently, the dryer isn’t even considered until yields are visibly reduced. The good news is a pet food manufacturer can easily find opportunities to make improvements just by looking closely at the drying step. The return can be especially high.
- Thu, 20 Oct 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Week-long pet food course teaches dog, cat food extrusion - Pet Food Extrusion
Texas A&M University staff, industry representatives and consultants will teach the Practical Short Course on Feeds and Pet Food Extrusion course.
- Mon, 03 Oct 2016 04:25:00 +0000: How extrusion technology is critical in modern pet food production - Pet Food Extrusion
Learn production practices and market strategies for pet food extrusion. Sponsored by Extru-Tech.
- Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:00:00 +0000: New event brings pet food extrusion advances to Mexico - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food producers in growing Mexican market can learn new extrusion technology and other pet food innovation techniques at Petfood Technology Workshop
- Wed, 31 Aug 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Ensuring pet food safety using extruder technology - Pet Food Extrusion
A focus on pet food safety within extrusion-based manufacturing and running high meat diets with this equipment. Sponsored by Extru-Tech.
- Fri, 26 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Extruding high-meat pet foods: dispelling myths - Pet Food Extrusion
A strong belief persists in the pet food industry that dry pet foods with high meat inclusion cannot be extruded on a single screw extruder.
- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Mexican pet food industry served by upcoming workshop - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food sales in Mexico increased 13.7 percent in 2015 to MXN42.6 billion (US$2.28 billion), making Mexico among the top 10 pet care markets globally. To meet the needs of that booming market, representatives from Petfood Industry magazine have announced a new addition to the Petfood Forum portfolio of events.
- Tue, 23 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Novel proteins can fight pet obesity - Pet Food Extrusion
Novel proteins can fight the pet obesity epidemic, suggests Mark J. Mendal, founder of Pet Proteins, in this video from Petfood Forum 2016. Novel proteins, such as venison, often have lower calorie and fat contents than conventional protein sources, such as beef.
- Mon, 01 Aug 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Learn prevention and control strategies for pet food extrusion - Pet Food Extrusion
An update on how pet food safety is impacted by extruder technology. Sponsored by Extru-Tech.
tag: pet food extrusion, extrusion process, twin screw extruders, pet food extrusion, food extruders,breakfast cereals,pet food extrusion, flint river ranch, snack food, pet food extrusion, small intestine, pet food processing, pet food extrusion, dry foods, mechanical energy,pet food extrusion, amino acids, pet food manufacturers, pet food extrusion, retention time, food protein, pet food extrusion, food engineering,