- Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:00:00 +0000: Pet food extrusion and drying courses offered in 2018 - Pet Food Extrusion
The annual three-day short course on Petfood Extrusion Technology will be held again at FôrTek (Centre for Feed Technology) in Norway on May 2-4, 2018.
- Fri, 15 Dec 2017 15:30:00 +0000: The future of pet food processing: adaptive technologies - Pet Food Extrusion
Drying and cooling equipment suppliers must provide solutions for the complex pet food diets today’s manufacturers are producing.
- Sat, 02 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: CPM Holdings acquires Proline Engineering - Pet Food Extrusion
Proline Engineering was based in Manchester, UK.
- Thu, 02 Nov 2017 04:00:00 +0000: 4 limited ingredient diet pet food options analyzed - Pet Food Extrusion
Limited ingredient diet (LID) dog and cat foods use a minimal number of ingredients, but must still provide complete nutrition.
- Tue, 03 Oct 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Mexican superpremium pet food workshop speaker announced - Pet Food Extrusion
In Mexico, superpremium dog and cat foods continue to grow in popularity, taking market share from established premium brands.
- Sat, 30 Sep 2017 12:00:00 +0000: Feed and pet food extrusion short course at Texas A&M - Pet Food Extrusion
Texas A&M University will host its 28th annual practical short course on feeds and pet food extrusion.
- Tue, 29 Aug 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Gelatin binds high-meat pet food kibble, boosts protein - Pet Food Extrusion
Kansas State University researchers found that low-Bloom gelatin reduced extruded-kibble breakage better than other forms of gelatin.
- Wed, 22 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Byproduct protein digestibility may rival fresh chicken - Pet Food Extrusion
Poultry meal and raw chicken may provide similar levels of essential amino acids after extrusion. Fish by-products were the most digestible in wet dog food.
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Three day course on pet food extrusion at Texas A&M - Pet Food Extrusion
The program will cover material handling, preconditioning, extrusion of pet foods, extruded and non-extruded treats, raw material, extrusion hardware and other topics.
- Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Global dry pet food production increases over 10 percent - Pet Food Extrusion
Production of dry pet food worldwide reached 24.98 million metric tons in 2016, according to Alltech, with some pet food markets showing robust increases.
- Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food extrusion course offered in Europe - Pet Food Extrusion
A food and feed drying technology program is offered the previous week. Participants can choose to attend extrusion or drying courses individually, or in combination.
- Mon, 09 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Why pet food extruder maintenance saves time, money - Pet Food Extrusion
Reducing employee turn-over can help pet food manufacturers improve production and reduce equipment costs.
- Wed, 04 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: High-meat pet food formulas may increase safety risks - Pet Food Extrusion
Tripling the amount of raw meat in a pet food formulation also triples the safety risk exposure, said an industry professional at Petfood Forum 2016.
- Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:00:00 +0000: Highlighting dry pet food’s key role in Mexican market - Pet Food Extrusion
Driven by dry and dog food sales and the emerging premium category, Mexico can benefit from producers learning best practices in ingredients and production.
- Thu, 17 Nov 2016 05:00:00 +0000: #tbt Pet food extrusion safety, innovation and costs - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food manufacturers can learn from research and previous reports on extrusion about how to maximize important factors, such as costs, safety and new product innovation.
- Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Novel protein science at Petfood Innovation Workshop - Pet Food Extrusion
Topics included protein properties, shelf-life and sensory experiment results, and potential uses for chemicals derived from African spotted hyenas.
- Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:19:00 +0000: Pet food extrusion: specialty processing flexibility is key - Pet Food Extrusion
As trends such as specialty ingredients and high-meat formulations grow in the pet food market, extruders are innovating to ensure success for themselves and their customers.
- Tue, 01 Nov 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Why fiber in dog food increases extrusion energy costs - Pet Food Extrusion
In an experiment, pet food extruder energy use increased when insoluble fiber was added to dog food recipes.
- Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:00:00 +0000: How to boost profits by looking at moisture in pet food - Pet Food Extrusion
Pet food manufacturers track maintenance costs and sometimes energy costs, but rarely do they track the costs associated with over drying. Frequently, the dryer isn’t even considered until yields are visibly reduced. The good news is a pet food manufacturer can easily find opportunities to make improvements just by looking closely at the drying step. The return can be especially high.
- Thu, 20 Oct 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Week-long pet food course teaches dog, cat food extrusion - Pet Food Extrusion
Texas A&M University staff, industry representatives and consultants will teach the Practical Short Course on Feeds and Pet Food Extrusion course.
tag: pet food extrusion, extrusion process, twin screw extruders, pet food extrusion, food extruders,breakfast cereals,pet food extrusion, flint river ranch, snack food, pet food extrusion, small intestine, pet food processing, pet food extrusion, dry foods, mechanical energy,pet food extrusion, amino acids, pet food manufacturers, pet food extrusion, retention time, food protein, pet food extrusion, food engineering,