- Thu, 25 May 2017 04:00:00 +0000: 3 controversial pet food ingredients debated by AAFCO - Pet Food Regulations
Association of American Feed Control Officials members discussed the use of hemp and insect pet food ingredients, along with processed fruits and vegetables.
- Fri, 12 May 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Nutrish faces lawsuit over natural dog food label - Pet Food Regulations
On May 5, Federal Judge James Selna set aside a request by lawyers for Rachael Ray’s Nutrish to throw out the case.
- Sun, 07 May 2017 09:00:00 +0000: What ‘Pet Fooled’ gets right about consumer confusion - Pet Food Regulations
Though the new documentary claiming to “expose” the pet food industry’s unwillingness to communicate the truth gets a lot wrong, it does pin down one facet of consumers the industry has been aware of for some time.
- Thu, 04 May 2017 14:29:00 +0000: The Clean Label Project rates pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
A breakdown of what the project is and how it may play out in the pet food industry.
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Evanger’s files US$20 million lawsuit against meat supplier - Pet Food Regulations
The pet food lawsuit accuses Bailey Farms of fraud, breach of contract and breach of warranty.
- Thu, 20 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: FDA will approve GLA safflower oil for dry adult dog food - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA concluded that the data provided by Arcadia supports the safety and functionality of GLA safflower oil as a source of omega-6 fatty acids in dry food for adult dogs.
- Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Prescription pet food lawsuit lacks basis, said analyst - Pet Food Regulations
A pet food industry consultant explained why the lawsuit against prescription pet foods lacks a foundation.
- Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Free pet food safety, nutrition educational video offered - Pet Food Regulations
A Pet Food Institute’s (PFI) video helps address consumer demand for nutritional information and ingredient transparency.
- Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:53:00 +0000: AAFCO discusses use of unacceptable pet food ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
Several different types of ingredients used in pet foods are under regulatory scrutiny.
- Fri, 07 Apr 2017 18:09:00 +0000: Protect your company against legal costs, financial losses - Pet Food Regulations
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) can expose pet food suppliers and manufacturers to unnecessary risk of regulatory enforcement and litigation, according to a team of presenters at Petfood Forum, held this week in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Wed, 05 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Top questions to ask novel pet food ingredient suppliers - Pet Food Regulations
Before committing to use a novel pet food ingredient, a scientist recommended that pet food professionals ask these questions of potential suppliers.
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: 5 pet food safety lessons at Petfood Forum 2017 - Pet Food Regulations
Petfood Forum 2017 will feature a processing, safety and packaging track for pet food manufacturers, executives and other professionals.
- Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:27:00 +0000: US pet food regulatory labeling issues in the spotlight - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO has resolved a number of pet food labeling issues, while others near completion and still others are on the horizon.
- Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Online FSMA compliance education for pet food safety - Pet Food Regulations
The food safety educational course addresses the challenge faced by pet food plants now required to record and verify pet food safety training.
- Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:04:00 +0000: Update on pet food labeling at AAFCO mid-year meeting - Pet Food Regulations
The Pet Food Committee discussed carbohydrate-related labeling rules and details on a pet food labeling workshop during the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) "mid-year" meeting, held January 16-18.
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Melamine recalls shaped pet food trends, safety programs - Pet Food Regulations
Pet food professionals from trade organizations, major brands, extruder manufacturers and others share their observations on the effects of the 2007 pet food recalls with Petfood Industry.
- Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:02:00 +0000: FSMA, need for transparency highlighted at Pet Food Conference - Pet Food Regulations
Melissa Brookshire notes pet food manufacturers need to balance nutritional requirements, sustainable operations and consumer needs.
- Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:24:00 +0000: Class action lawsuit threatens therapeutic pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
While compliance with official entities offers some industry protection, other forces are often in play.
- Mon, 19 Dec 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Royal Canin decreases odor from pet food production plant - Pet Food Regulations
The odor from a Royal Canin pet food facility in Sioux City, South Dakota, USA has decreased enough to please local officials, reported Siouxland Matters.
- Fri, 16 Dec 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Prescription dog, cat foods face anti-trust lawsuit - Pet Food Regulations
A class action lawsuit about prescription pet food was filed against Mars Petcare, Nestle Purina, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, PetSmart and others.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,