- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food led to lawsuit - Pet Food Regulations
WJLA reported that a laboratory found pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food.
- Thu, 08 Feb 2018 15:24:00 +0000: AAFCO announces pet and specialty pet definitions - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO’s mid-year meeting, held in January in Anaheim, California, USA, covered a lot of ground, from refined definitions of “pet” to carbohydrate claims.
- Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 5: product names - Pet Food Regulations
What does the name tell you about the pet food? Sometimes a name can meet regulatory requirements and still not clearly describe what’s inside the package.
- Tue, 23 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: ‘Made in Canada’ label helps sell dog and cat food - Pet Food Regulations
In addition, some Canadian pet food producers follow legislation and guidelines set in the United States.
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: 10 raw pet food safety studies conducted in past decade - Pet Food Regulations
These peer-reviewed journal articles and federal studies attempted to determine how raw diets affect dogs, cats and their owners, including identifying potential health risks.
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:27:00 +0000: Should LA shelter dogs be vegan? - Pet Food Regulations
The City of Los Angeles is considering a proposal to switch all dogs in its shelters to a vegan diet.
- Wed, 10 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: FTC says Mars must sell 12 veterinary clinics to buy VCA - Pet Food Regulations
The ruling would allow Mars to settle anti-trust charges related to the US$9.1 billion purchase of VCA.
- Thu, 28 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Top 10 pet food news of 2017: lawsuits, trends, ownership - Pet Food Regulations
The number of page views per article recorded by Google Analytics determined the rankings.
- Thu, 21 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: 3 keys to novel pet food ingredient regulatory acceptance - Pet Food Regulations
If a novel pet food ingredient was used in foods prior to 1958 or is scientifically established as safe, FDA may accept that ingredient as GRAS.
- Sat, 16 Dec 2017 13:00:00 +0000: Seed company partnership strengthens safety of flour products - Pet Food Regulations
Limagrain Céréales Ingredients, a seeds and cereal products company, has partnered with Novolyze, a food safety company.
- Tue, 12 Dec 2017 06:59:00 +0000: How to convene a GRAS panel for novel pet food ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
While not required by FDA, a panel may be the best means of confirming GRAS status for pet food manufacturers.
- Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:00:00 +0000: What to expect from FSMA pet food safety inspections - Pet Food Regulations
Read about lessons learned by pet food companies and an FDA officer from pet food safety inspections. Planning how to respond to inspector requests is key.
- Thu, 09 Nov 2017 13:00:00 +0000: PFMA launches guidelines for raw pet food producers in UK - Pet Food Regulations
The Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association (PFMA) has published new sector guidelines for the manufacture of commercial raw pet food in the UK.
- Thu, 05 Oct 2017 18:43:00 +0000: AAFCO pondering new approach for ‘human grade’ claims - Pet Food Regulations
Several issues with the current guidance could be eased with a proposed new, verification avenue.
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Imported organic pet food ingredients may fail US rules - Pet Food Regulations
The auditors stated that the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service’s National Organic Program needed to improve its procedures.
- Sun, 10 Sep 2017 13:00:00 +0000: AFIA guidance document helps with FSMA compliance - Pet Food Regulations
The American Feed Industry Association's Safe Feed/Safe Food program has released a guidance document to help pet and animal food manufacturers better understand FSMA requirements.
- Sat, 02 Sep 2017 14:48:00 +0000: Pet food label modernization discussed at AAFCO meeting - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO’s annual meeting highlighted several pet food items, including pet food claims, specialty pets and labeling modernization.
- Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:00:00 +0000: Pet food conference to focus on FSMA compliance - Pet Food Regulations
Registration is now open for the 2017 NGFA-PFI Feed and Pet Food Joint Conference, an annual collaboration between the National Grain and Feed Association and the Pet Food Institute.
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Alleged fake cat food defamed Alibaba says Chinese court - Pet Food Regulations
A court in Shanghai, China found the vendor of allegedly counterfeit Royal Canin cat food to be guilty of defamation against the Alibaba Group.
- Fri, 11 Aug 2017 14:00:00 +0000: FDA pushes FSMA compliance inspections to fall 2018 - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA has effectively delayed inspections for animal food facilities to be in compliance with some parts of the animal food rule within the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) until fall 2018.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,