Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:39:00 +0000: Pentobarbital residues in pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
This animal drug has lately been a significant topic of discussion, both within the pet food industry and among customers.
- Mon, 09 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: FDA’s key findings from Darwin’s raw pet food plant - Pet Food Regulations
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conducted an inspection of the raw pet food production facility of Arrow Reliance Inc., doing business as Darwin’s Natural Pet Products.
- Mon, 26 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Do pet foods really contain euthanized dogs and cats? - Pet Food Regulations
A proposed new law to prevent the use of euthanized dogs and cats in pet food may target a non-existent practice.
- Fri, 23 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit alleges heavy metals, BPA in Champion pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
Small quantities of heavy metals may be unavoidable in foods sourced from farms or the wilderness.
- Fri, 23 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Insects as pet food ingredients overcoming barriers in US - Pet Food Regulations
As insects overcome both psychological and legal speedbumps, the tiny animals may become a big part of pet food.
- Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Second lawsuit filed over drug in recalled dog foods - Pet Food Regulations
A class action lawsuit against J.M. Smucker and its subsidiary Big Heart Pet Brands was filed in a New York district court related to the discovery of pentobarbital in Kibbles ‘n Bits dog food.
- Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Ohio bill would prohibit euthanized dogs, cats in pet food - Pet Food Regulations
The bill would also ban the use of animals euthanized with drugs, such as pentobarbital.
- Mon, 12 Mar 2018 14:00:00 +0000: FDA’s fixation on raw pet food ratchets up again - Pet Food Regulations
FDA’s policy for pet food, zero tolerance of Salmonella, seems especially focused on raw diets, with increased testing leading to more pet food recalls.
- Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:53:00 +0000: AAFCO makes progress on pet food labeling modernization - Pet Food Regulations
From nutrition facts to handling instructions, the Pet Food Committee has been making progress on several pet food labeling fronts.
- Tue, 06 Mar 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Smucker pet food withdrawal upgraded to recall by FDA - Pet Food Regulations
Any amount of pentobarbital renders the pet foods adulterated.
- Thu, 01 Mar 2018 05:00:00 +0000: FDA investigates Arrow Reliance raw pet food - Pet Food Regulations
FDA is looking into a pattern of Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes contamination in Darwin’s Natural and ZooLogics raw pet foods.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food led to lawsuit - Pet Food Regulations
WJLA reported that a laboratory found pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food.
- Thu, 08 Feb 2018 15:24:00 +0000: AAFCO announces pet and specialty pet definitions - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO’s mid-year meeting, held in January in Anaheim, California, USA, covered a lot of ground, from refined definitions of “pet” to carbohydrate claims.
- Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:00:00 +0000: Navigating pet food product claims, part 5: product names - Pet Food Regulations
What does the name tell you about the pet food? Sometimes a name can meet regulatory requirements and still not clearly describe what’s inside the package.
- Tue, 23 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: ‘Made in Canada’ label helps sell dog and cat food - Pet Food Regulations
In addition, some Canadian pet food producers follow legislation and guidelines set in the United States.
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: 10 raw pet food safety studies conducted in past decade - Pet Food Regulations
These peer-reviewed journal articles and federal studies attempted to determine how raw diets affect dogs, cats and their owners, including identifying potential health risks.
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:27:00 +0000: Should LA shelter dogs be vegan? - Pet Food Regulations
The City of Los Angeles is considering a proposal to switch all dogs in its shelters to a vegan diet.
- Wed, 10 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: FTC says Mars must sell 12 veterinary clinics to buy VCA - Pet Food Regulations
The ruling would allow Mars to settle anti-trust charges related to the US$9.1 billion purchase of VCA.
- Thu, 28 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Top 10 pet food news of 2017: lawsuits, trends, ownership - Pet Food Regulations
The number of page views per article recorded by Google Analytics determined the rankings.
- Thu, 21 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: 3 keys to novel pet food ingredient regulatory acceptance - Pet Food Regulations
If a novel pet food ingredient was used in foods prior to 1958 or is scientifically established as safe, FDA may accept that ingredient as GRAS.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,