Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: TruPet recalls beef dog food topper for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
TruPet, LLC of Milford, Ohio, USA, is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer.
- Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Vital Essentials toppers and raw dog food recalled - Pet Food Safety
Carnivore Meat Company of Green Bay, WI, is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of “Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Toppers” and “Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Chub Entrée for Dogs” raw dog food.
- Tue, 17 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Vitakraft recalls sugar glider food for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
The product was distributed to the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas, as well as Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: K9 Natural recalls raw dog food for Listeria - Pet Food Safety
No pet or human illnesses, injuries or complaints have been reported to date.
- Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:39:00 +0000: Pentobarbital residues in pet foods - Pet Food Safety
This animal drug has lately been a significant topic of discussion, both within the pet food industry and among customers.
- Tue, 10 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: High phosphorus levels in cat food may cause kidney damage - Pet Food Safety
Those researchers found evidence that when phosphate concentrations in cat food exceed the required daily dose, it may damage healthy cats’ kidneys.
- Mon, 09 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: FDA’s key findings from Darwin’s raw pet food plant - Pet Food Safety
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conducted an inspection of the raw pet food production facility of Arrow Reliance Inc., doing business as Darwin’s Natural Pet Products.
- Sun, 08 Apr 2018 09:00:00 +0000: Mars Petcare facility in Arkansas wins safety award - Pet Food Safety
A Mars Petcare facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas received a Three Million Work Hours Safety Award from the Arkansas Department of Labor.
- Wed, 04 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: 10 dog and cat food recalls in March 2018 - Pet Food Safety
Several of the recalls involved raw pet food.
- Fri, 30 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: ‘No ingredients from China’ pet food offensive to some - Pet Food Safety
Not all consumers or pet specialty store clerks may be aware of the decade-old reasoning behind “no ingredients from China” labeling.
- Thu, 29 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: High phosphorus cat food may hurt kidneys - Pet Food Safety
Researchers found evidence that phosphate concentrations in cat food that exceed the daily intake required for health maintenance by more than fivefold can damage kidney function in healthy cats.
- Wed, 28 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Milo’s Kitchen recalls dog treats for thyroid hormones - Pet Food Safety
Dogs consuming high levels of beef thyroid hormone may exhibit symptoms such as increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness.
- Tue, 27 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Mars Australia recalls dog food after megaesophagus - Pet Food Safety
The recall comes after numerous dogs were affected by megaesophagus, a condition that is generally not associated with food.
- Tue, 27 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Darwin’s Natural recalls dog food for E. coli, Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
These pathogens can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections.
- Tue, 27 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Blue Ridge Beef recalls raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
This recall was initiated after samples collected and tested by the FDA showed positive for Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
- Mon, 26 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Do pet foods really contain euthanized dogs and cats? - Pet Food Safety
A proposed new law to prevent the use of euthanized dogs and cats in pet food may target a non-existent practice.
- Fri, 23 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit alleges heavy metals, BPA in Champion pet foods - Pet Food Safety
Small quantities of heavy metals may be unavoidable in foods sourced from farms or the wilderness.
- Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Second lawsuit filed over drug in recalled dog foods - Pet Food Safety
A class action lawsuit against J.M. Smucker and its subsidiary Big Heart Pet Brands was filed in a New York district court related to the discovery of pentobarbital in Kibbles ‘n Bits dog food.
- Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Ohio bill would prohibit euthanized dogs, cats in pet food - Pet Food Safety
The bill would also ban the use of animals euthanized with drugs, such as pentobarbital.
- Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Radagast Pet Food recalls raw cat food for Listeria - Pet Food Safety
Radagast was notified by the FDA and the Ohio Department of Agriculture after several tubs of multiple varieties of Rad Cat Raw Diet were purchased and tested.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,