Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Dave’s Pet Food recalls dog food for thyroid hormone - Pet Food Safety
The products potentially contain elevated levels of beef thyroid hormone, according to the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Fri, 08 Jun 2018 08:00:00 +0000: Aller Petfood receives food safety certification - Pet Food Safety
Aller Petfood, a Danish pet food producer, has upgraded its certification for food safety.
- Wed, 06 Jun 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Call for Australian dog food laws after 100 sick dogs - Pet Food Safety
Mars Petcare’s Advance Dermocare dog food is correlated to the megaesophagus cases.
- Wed, 30 May 2018 05:00:00 +0000: 4 ways filters can limit pet food plant contaminants - Pet Food Safety
Contamination doesn’t originate only in raw or spoiled pet food ingredients; it can enter in the utilities used to operate a manufacturing process.
- Thu, 03 May 2018 04:00:00 +0000: 5 pet food recalls in April 2018: toppers, raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
The recalls involved sugar glider food, toppers and raw pet food.
- Wed, 02 May 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Man crushed to death at American Nutrition pet food plant - Pet Food Safety
A 33-year-old man was crushed to death at an Ogden, Utah, USA, pet food manufacturing plant operated by American Nutrition.
- Wed, 02 May 2018 04:00:00 +0000: 74 megaesophagus cases linked to Australian dry dog food - Pet Food Safety
Mars Petcare Australia manufacturers Advance Dermocare dry dog food. The company voluntarily recalled the dog food in late March.
- Tue, 01 May 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Dogs likely evolved to eat cooked meat and carbohydrates - Pet Food Safety
During their evolution, dogs took advantage of a rich new food source, human garbage, including cooked meat and plant matter, said one scientist.
- Thu, 26 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: OC Raw Dog recalls raw pet food for Listeria - Pet Food Safety
The raw pet food products were manufactured on October 11, 2017 with a lot number 3652 and a use-by date of October 11, 2018.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:37:00 +0000: Using HPP to produce clean-label raw pet foods - Pet Food Safety
LIVE FROM PFF: High-pressure processing is an effective method for creating a safe, clean-label raw pet food and can help pet food companies avoid recalls to protect their brands.
- Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: TruPet recalls beef dog food topper for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
TruPet, LLC of Milford, Ohio, USA, is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer.
- Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Vital Essentials toppers and raw dog food recalled - Pet Food Safety
Carnivore Meat Company of Green Bay, WI, is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of “Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Toppers” and “Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Chub Entrée for Dogs” raw dog food.
- Tue, 17 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Vitakraft recalls sugar glider food for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
The product was distributed to the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas, as well as Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: K9 Natural recalls raw dog food for Listeria - Pet Food Safety
No pet or human illnesses, injuries or complaints have been reported to date.
- Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:39:00 +0000: Pentobarbital residues in pet foods - Pet Food Safety
This animal drug has lately been a significant topic of discussion, both within the pet food industry and among customers.
- Tue, 10 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: High phosphorus levels in cat food may cause kidney damage - Pet Food Safety
Those researchers found evidence that when phosphate concentrations in cat food exceed the required daily dose, it may damage healthy cats’ kidneys.
- Mon, 09 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: FDA’s key findings from Darwin’s raw pet food plant - Pet Food Safety
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conducted an inspection of the raw pet food production facility of Arrow Reliance Inc., doing business as Darwin’s Natural Pet Products.
- Sun, 08 Apr 2018 09:00:00 +0000: Mars Petcare facility in Arkansas wins safety award - Pet Food Safety
A Mars Petcare facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas received a Three Million Work Hours Safety Award from the Arkansas Department of Labor.
- Wed, 04 Apr 2018 04:00:00 +0000: 10 dog and cat food recalls in March 2018 - Pet Food Safety
Several of the recalls involved raw pet food.
- Fri, 30 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: ‘No ingredients from China’ pet food offensive to some - Pet Food Safety
Not all consumers or pet specialty store clerks may be aware of the decade-old reasoning behind “no ingredients from China” labeling.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,