- Mon, 15 May 2017 09:00:00 +0000: Clean label rating site misleading to pet food consumers - Pet Food Safety
Consumers are interested in clean pet food labels, but the deceptively named Clean Label Project doesn’t help them find or compare clean labels at all.
- Mon, 08 May 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Smallbatch Pets recalls frozen dog, cat food for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
Smallbatch Pets Inc. of Portland, Oregon is voluntarily recalling two lots of frozen 2 pound chicken blend for dogs and cats.
- Sun, 07 May 2017 09:00:00 +0000: What ‘Pet Fooled’ gets right about consumer confusion - Pet Food Safety
Though the new documentary claiming to “expose” the pet food industry’s unwillingness to communicate the truth gets a lot wrong, it does pin down one facet of consumers the industry has been aware of for some time.
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: #tbt Raw pet food growth continues despite concerns - Pet Food Safety
Raw pet food sales have already grown from US$117 million to US$393 million between 2012 and 2016 in the United States.
- Thu, 20 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital led to recall of Party Animal wet dog food - Pet Food Safety
Euthanasia drug pentobarbital was found in two varieties of its Party Animal, Inc. Cocolicious canned dog foods.
- Thu, 20 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: FDA will approve GLA safflower oil for dry adult dog food - Pet Food Safety
The FDA concluded that the data provided by Arcadia supports the safety and functionality of GLA safflower oil as a source of omega-6 fatty acids in dry food for adult dogs.
- Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Pet food toxin levels ranked for 71 dog, cat food brands - Pet Food Safety
The lab tested for 130 potentially toxic industrial and environmental chemicals, including the dangerous heavy metals arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury.
- Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Free pet food safety, nutrition educational video offered - Pet Food Safety
A Pet Food Institute’s (PFI) video helps address consumer demand for nutritional information and ingredient transparency.
- Wed, 05 Apr 2017 21:56:00 +0000: The value of customer service in the pet food industry - Pet Food Safety
In an age where people consider their pets to be on near-equal footing as human relatives, pet food companies must be especially careful when dealing with disgruntled customers.
- Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:24:00 +0000: FDA warns against pet food, treats with livestock gullets - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising pet owners and caretakers, veterinarians, and the pet food industry to be aware that pet food and treats made with livestock gullets (meat from the throat region) have the potential to contain thyroid tissue and thyroid hormones.
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Pet Food Institute urges FSMA readiness in letter - Pet Food Safety
PFI is working to ensure that members understand and can meet their obligations under FSMA.
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: 5 pet food safety lessons at Petfood Forum 2017 - Pet Food Safety
Petfood Forum 2017 will feature a processing, safety and packaging track for pet food manufacturers, executives and other professionals.
- Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: WellPet recalls dog food topper for thyroid hormone - Pet Food Safety
WellPet has initiated a voluntary recall of a limited amount of one canned dog food topper product due to potential elevated levels of naturally occurring beef thyroid hormone.
- Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Blue Buffalo wet dog food recall for cattle hormones - Pet Food Safety
Levels of naturally occurring thyroid hormones may be too high in one lot of BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Red Meat Dinner.
- Mon, 13 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: High pressure processing: more raw pet food research needed - Pet Food Safety
Scientists haven’t published much research on a key raw pet food pasteurization technique, called high pressure processing, although it is widely used.
- Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Blue Buffalo withdraws 17 dog food varieties - Pet Food Safety
Blue Buffalo has issued a voluntary market withdrawal of BLUE Divine Delights 3.5-ounce cups and BLUE Wilderness Trail Trays 3.5-ounce cups.
- Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Evanger’s expands pentobarbital-tainted dog food recalls - Pet Food Safety
Evanger’s Dog and Cat Food expanded its recall of Hunk of Beef dog food and Evanger’s Braised Beef and Against the Grain’s Pulled Beef Products due to potential adulteration with pentobarbital.
- Thu, 02 Mar 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food product recalls in February 2017 - Pet Food Safety
Evanger’s, PetSmart, Blue Buffalo, Wellness and Against the Grain had recalls during February.
- Tue, 28 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Drug and horse meat in Evanger’s dog food still a mystery - Pet Food Safety
Evanger’s blamed meat from a human-grade supplier for the dog food recall, but FDA disputed the supplier’s status and found production safety risks.
- Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Online FSMA compliance education for pet food safety - Pet Food Safety
The food safety educational course addresses the challenge faced by pet food plants now required to record and verify pet food safety training.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,