- Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:00:00 +0000: Metal detector helps prevent contamination in pet food - Pet Food Safety
Cannon Holdings, Inc. has started using an Eriez Liquid Line Metal Detector to prevent contamination in chicken slurry for its dog and cat food lines.
- Tue, 20 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Biologically appropriate pet foods not based in science - Pet Food Safety
Biologically appropriate generally means that the dog and cat foods are rich in animal protein and fat.
- Fri, 16 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Smucker withdraws Gravy Train and other dog foods - Pet Food Safety
Smucker withdrew more varieties and brands, including Kibbles ‘N Bits, Ol' Roy and Skippy, according to the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food led to lawsuit - Pet Food Safety
WJLA reported that a laboratory found pentobarbital in Gravy Train dog food.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Darwin’s Natural recalls two dog foods for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
Darwin’s announced the recall via a statement sent directly to consumers.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Redbarn bully sticks recalled for potential Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
Redbarn Pet Products of Long Beach, California, USA voluntarily recalled a single product.
- Fri, 09 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Smokehouse Pet Products recalls Beef Munchies dog treats - Pet Food Safety
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
- Fri, 09 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Raws for Paws recalls 4,000 pounds of turkey pet food - Pet Food Safety
Two illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
- Thu, 01 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Biomapping watches for Salmonella-susceptible pet food - Pet Food Safety
As opposed to trying to find the Salmonella needle in the food plant haystack, biomapping looks for conditions that make those needles more common.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Just Food for Dogs recalls three dog foods for Listeria - Pet Food Safety
Just Food for Dogs expanded the recall to two other recipes: beef and russet potato, and fish and sweet potato.
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 05:00:00 +0000: 10 raw pet food safety studies conducted in past decade - Pet Food Safety
These peer-reviewed journal articles and federal studies attempted to determine how raw diets affect dogs, cats and their owners, including identifying potential health risks.
- Thu, 21 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: 3 keys to novel pet food ingredient regulatory acceptance - Pet Food Safety
If a novel pet food ingredient was used in foods prior to 1958 or is scientifically established as safe, FDA may accept that ingredient as GRAS.
- Tue, 12 Dec 2017 06:59:00 +0000: How to convene a GRAS panel for novel pet food ingredients - Pet Food Safety
While not required by FDA, a panel may be the best means of confirming GRAS status for pet food manufacturers.
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Long-term raw dog food diet ups gut bacteria levels - Pet Food Safety
Some bacteria found at higher levels in dogs eating homemade raw diets could cause health risks.
- Tue, 28 Nov 2017 05:00:00 +0000: FDA warns that bone treats related to 90 dogs’ illnesses - Pet Food Safety
Dog treats marketed as ham bones, pork femur bones, rib bones and pork knuckles were involved in the reported illnesses.
- Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:00:00 +0000: What to expect from FSMA pet food safety inspections - Pet Food Safety
Read about lessons learned by pet food companies and an FDA officer from pet food safety inspections. Planning how to respond to inspector requests is key.
- Thu, 02 Nov 2017 16:02:00 +0000: Why pet food packaging must convey safety, accountability - Pet Food Safety
Pet parents are paying more attention than ever to every facet of their pet’s food, including what it comes in.
- Fri, 27 Oct 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Reality TV star’s dog food accused of sickening dogs - Pet Food Safety
Kameron Westcott, a cast member of “The Real Housewives of Dallas,” launched the dog food, which features pink hearts.
- Tue, 24 Oct 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Probiotic freeze-dried microbes may help pet food safety - Pet Food Safety
The bacteria Enterococcus faecium lead a double life in the pet food industry, as both probiotic and substitute for Salmonella in kill step validations.
- Tue, 12 Sep 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Cat food container size, shape can’t stop thiamine loss - Pet Food Safety
Although initial experimental results suggested smaller containers might retain more of the essential vitamin, further analysis disproved the correlation.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,