- Wed, 22 Mar 2017 04:00:00 +0000: Byproduct protein digestibility may rival fresh chicken - Research Notes
Poultry meal and raw chicken may provide similar levels of essential amino acids after extrusion. Fish by-products were the most digestible in wet dog food.
- Mon, 07 Nov 2016 12:48:00 +0000: Pet food nutrition research focusing on proteins, obesity - Research Notes
In 2016, much of the published companion animal nutrition research focused on trending topics, including the use of protein in pet foods and pet obesity.
- Fri, 19 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: 586 dogs’ nutrition needs analyzed by scientists - Research Notes
Particular dog breeds ate more calories to maintain their body weights than others in a recent study of 586 dogs’ daily metabolizable energy intake. Pet food manufacturers can use this research to guide their formulation of lifestyle- and breed-specific dog foods.
- Thu, 11 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Feline genetic make-up: Understanding cats’ preference drivers - Research Notes
Understanding the relationship between genetics and cat preferences can be a powerful tool in developing customized cat foods.
- Thu, 11 Aug 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Improving pet food palatability: Yeast extract, hydrolyzed yeast - Research Notes
Processed yeast can be used as a solution for pet food differentiation.
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Using heart rate to predict energy expenditure in dogs - Research Notes
The established regression equation enables fast estimation of energy requirement for running activity.
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Effects of the particle size of maize, rice and sorghum in extruded diets for dogs - Research Notes
For dogs fed different particle sizes of the cereal starches in the extruded diets, the digestibility and fecal characteristics were affected.
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Impact of birth weight, early growth on neonatal mortality in puppies - Research Notes
Intrauterine nutrition can impact mortality during the first two days of life, and colostrum intake can impact mortality until 21 days of life.
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Effects of natural eggshell membrane on arthritis in rats - Research Notes
The results for NEM showed significant anti-arthritis activity.
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Effects of chronic undernourishment on fast muscles in developing rats - Research Notes
Estrogens may have an antioxidant protective role on the undernourished EDL muscles in female rats.
- Mon, 21 Sep 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Effect of fiber type and fermentation site on digestibility of fiber in rabbits - Research Notes
A correction for intestinal mucin is necessary for ileal TDF and soluble fiber digestibility.
- Mon, 21 Sep 2015 04:00:00 +0000: The effects of fasting on taurine status in dogs - Research Notes
Blood samples can be taken for assessment of taurine status any time up to 48 hours after ingestion of a meal.
- Fri, 14 Aug 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Effects of post-exercise feeding of protein bars to conditioned dogs - Research Notes
Dogs fed a bar with 37.4% rapidly digestible carbohydrates and 25% protein after exercise had increased blood nutrient concentrations for glycogen and protein synthesis.
- Fri, 14 Aug 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Nutrient digestibility and tolerance by dogs of a-cyclodextrin - Research Notes
ACD supplementation might have potential in modifying serum lipid profiles in dogs.
- Fri, 14 Aug 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Rendered ingredients and pet food - Research Notes
The byproducts from food animal production can be rendered into safe and nutritious pet food ingredients.
- Tue, 16 Jun 2015 04:00:00 +0000: A comparison of domestic cat bitter receptors with their human orthologs - Research Notes
The response profiles of the cat bitter receptors Tas2r38 and Tas2r43 are distinct from those of their orthologous human receptors.
- Thu, 21 May 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Effects of milk from dams fed an obesogenic diet on rabbit development - Research Notes
Early-life nutritional history, in particular through the milking period, can determine subsequent rabbit mammary gland development.
- Thu, 21 May 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Organic matter and macromineral digestibility in domestic rabbits - Research Notes
The data indicate similar mechanisms in the absorption of macrominerals amongst rabbits, rodents and horses.
- Wed, 15 Apr 2015 06:00:00 +0000: Calcium absorption in adult dogs and cats - Research Notes
A dietary calcium supply differing greatly from the recommended dietary intake might impair the health of cats and dogs when fed long term.
- Wed, 15 Apr 2015 06:00:00 +0000: Dietary nutrient profiles of wild wolves - Research Notes
The nutritive characteristics of commercial foods differ from the dog's closest free-living ancestor, and this may pose physiological and metabolic challenges.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food research, inopets, pet food packaging, global pet food, pet food research, market share, cat food, food market, pet food research, dogs and cats, poultry by-products, pet food research, champion petfoods, hills pet nutrition, mars petcare, market size, pet food research, champion pet foods, pet food research, dry food, thompsons station, pet food research, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,