October 3, 2017 at 7:28 pm #37283editorParticipant
The Trump administration will not rest until the last wild frontier in the United States is laid to waste – its wildlife cast aside, its waters spoiled and its once pristine landscape torn, tattered and scarred.
In the rush to put profits above all else, wildlife is treated as nothing more than an obstacle.
Please don’t miss this important opportunity.
When the clock strikes midnight, will you have raised your voice for the wildlife you love?
Thank you for your compassion and concern!
The battle to protect Alaska has raged for decades, but the administration and like-minded members of Congress will stop at nothing to pillage this incredible landscape.
To appease special interest groups and a hostile state predator policy, they are willing to allow mother wolves with newborn pups to be gunned down during denning season and bears to be trapped, baited or shot in wildlife refuges and preserves.
In a flurry of unrestrained assaults on Alaska, the administration and like-minded members of Congress have:
- Introduced the SHARE Act that would open National Park Service lands in Alaska to extreme hunting methods like bear baiting and killing wolves and their cubs during denning season;
- Issued an executive order to allow for oil drilling in the Arctic Ocean;
- Attempted to illegally alter regulations to allow seismic testing in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge;
- Overturned the Alaska National Wildlife Refuges Rule that prohibited extreme hunting practices on Alaska refuges, including killing mother bears and cubs, killing wolves with their pups during denning season and trapping, baiting and scouting bears from the air; and
- Proposed greenlighting a gold and copper mine in Bristol Bay at the expense of endangered species like the Cook Inlet beluga whale.
Christopher, we won’t let wildlife pay the price for this unrelenting greed and reckless behavior. But we can’t fight this battle alone.
Defenders is prepared to fight back with everything we’ve got to protect wildlife in Alaska and beyond.
Thank you for supporting us when wildlife is on the line.
Jamie Rappaport Clark
President, Defenders of Wildlife
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities.
© Copyright 2017 Defenders of WildlifeShare the joy
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.