Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 13 CBD pet product companies warned by FDA - Pet Food Regulations
Thirteen companies making cannabidiol (CBD) products for pets were among the 15 warned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that their sales of pet and human products containing CBD violated the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: CBD not Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) for pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned 15 companies, 13 of which produce pet products, that they illegally sold products containing cannabidiol (CBD).
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Atypically, mainstream media covered raw pet food recall - Pet Food Regulations
Numerous news outlets, including CNN, USAToday, the International Business Times and at least 60 others posted the related FDA recall press release or articles based on it.
- Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Tips to minimize damage during pet food recalls - Pet Food Regulations
During recalls, pet food and treat companies can minimize health risks to dogs, cats and other animals, along with damage done to brands’ reputations.
- Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food recalls low so far in 2019, but could rise - Pet Food Regulations
Despite the relative lull post-FSMA, pet food safety consultants warn that conditions may be ripe for more recalls since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may pay special attention to pet food, as it does with baby food.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:06:00 +0000: AAFCO holds annual meeting, part 2: Pet food activities - Pet Food Regulations
Other sessions during AAFCO's annual meeting made decisions impacting the pet food industry.
- Wed, 13 Nov 2019 03:02:00 +0000: AAFCO keynote discusses how to gain consumer trust - Pet Food Regulations
Roxi Beck from The Center for Food Integrity addressed how earning consumer trust is an ongoing challenge for the pet food industry at AAFCO's annual meeting.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog food buyers confused and worried by DCM investigation - Pet Food Regulations
Dog owners have been asking pet food companies and veterinarians about canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Fri, 01 Nov 2019 16:22:00 +0000: Pet food additives bill pending in Philippine senate - Pet Food Regulations
A bill currently up for reading in the Philippines Senate would require pet food makers to include all ingredients and additives used in pet food on the label.
- Mon, 28 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Adulterated pet food ingredient conspirator pleads guilty - Pet Food Regulations
The manager of the pet food ingredient processing facility from which Blue Buffalo received products adulterated with poultry by-product meal pleaded guilty in Missouri federal court.
- Mon, 21 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Australian hunters to harvest 14k kangaroos for pet food - Pet Food Regulations
The Victoria state government started the Kangaroo Harvesting Program to reduce the population of native kangaroos.
- Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:00:00 +0000: FDA’s DCM updates miss the mark with consumers, industry - Pet Food Regulations
FDA claims it must keep the public informed about its DCM investigation, yet its updates have only caused consumer fear and pet food industry anxiety.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:00:00 +0000: FDA reports on pig ear recalls, FSMA pet food compliance - Pet Food Regulations
Pig ear pet treats contaminated with Salmonella have caused 143 human illnesses to date, FDA reported. The agency also reported on FSMA inspections.
- Wed, 02 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Ethoxyquin limits Peru, Chile fishmeal use in pet food - Pet Food Regulations
Although Peruvian and Chilean fishmeal producers have interest in entering the pet food market, use of a synthetic antioxidant may limit their access.
- Mon, 09 Sep 2019 23:55:00 +0000: AAFCO holds annual meeting, part 1: Pet Food Committee - Pet Food Regulations
The Pet Food Committee covered a lot of ground, including regulatory considerations and the formation of a new working group, at the latest AAFCO annual meeting.
- Mon, 09 Sep 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 143 Salmonella cases tied to pig ear dog chews from 3 firms - Pet Food Regulations
As of August 27, the Centers for Disease Control report 143 cases of human infection by Salmonella enterica related to exposure to pig ear dog treats.
- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 08:10:00 +0000: Rules for reconstitution of dry pet food ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO guidance isn’t strictly laid out, but there are some items to keep in mind when ensuring regulatory compliance of reconstituted pet food ingredients.
- Mon, 29 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Raw pet food brand sues FDA over zero Salmonella policy - Pet Food Regulations
A raw pet food brand company filed challenging the legality of the U.S. Food and Drug Administation enforcement of zero-tolerance Salmonella standards as beyond the agency’s powers granted by Congress.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 93 Salmonella cases likely caused by pig ear dog treats - Pet Food Regulations
CDC officials stated that the likely sources of the bacteria were pig ear dog treats. Officials have not identified a common supplier.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Grain-free dog food marketing legally safe despite DCM - Pet Food Regulations
The term grain-free in dog food marketing likely won’t become a target for lawsuits against pet food brands.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,