Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit over Blue Buffalo dog food carbs versus wolf diet - Pet Food Regulations
A dog owner filed a class action lawsuit claiming that consumption of Blue Buffalo dog food caused her pet’s obesity.
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:00:00 +0000: Links between CBD pet and human markets offer insights - Pet Food Regulations
Surveys show similar consumer interest and use of CBD pet and human products and also the same lack of information, research and legal status.
- Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:00:00 +0000: Japan pet industry prepares for new regulations - Pet Food Regulations
New government regulations for the Japanese pet industry include one limiting sales of pets online, but that doesn’t seem to affect pet food sales growth.
- Thu, 09 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: CBD not GRAS for lack of nutritional benefit evidence - Pet Food Regulations
To achieve recognition as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials, pet food ingredients must meet specific requirements, beyond simply being safe.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 22:00:00 +0000: Pet food changes coming in first AAFCO meeting of 2020 - Pet Food Regulations
Although some members of a pet food consumer advocacy group will be excluded, the AAFCO mid-year 2020 meeting includes four keynotes and many pet food business items.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: How CBD pet product brands avoid federal warnings - Pet Food Regulations
In the CBD pet products arena, the president of the National Animal Supplement Council has noted misconceptions about the legal nature of the chemical along with other products derived from hemp.
- Fri, 03 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: 29 DCM articles, blogs on Petfood Industry in 2019 - Pet Food Regulations
From January to December 2019, these 29 news articles, blogs, features and press releases directly related to canine dilated cardiomyopathy, industry and public reactions or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s investigation into correlations among the disease and certain pet food formulations.
- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: FDA warns Hill’s that vitamin D dog food reply deficient - Pet Food Regulations
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a warning letter to Hill’s Pet Nutrition on November 20, related to the company’s recall of wet dog food for toxic levels of vitamin D.
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 35 lawsuits combine over Hill’s vitamin D dog food recall - Pet Food Regulations
The United States District Court in Kansas City, Kansas will hear the case, likely due to its proximity to Hill’s headquarters and production facilities.
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:00:00 +0000: CBD ‘boom’ brings pet product regulatory issues to light - Pet Food Regulations
Established and new pet food companies alike do their best to navigate nebulous legality and regulatory compliance issues, as more players enter the CBD pet products game.
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 22:38:00 +0000: Marketing pet foods with CBD: A regulatory perspective - Pet Food Regulations
Even though there may be uncertainty on the regulatory status of CBD products, responsible companies that are selling CBD-containing products should know where FDA has been focusing its enforcement.
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 13 CBD pet product companies warned by FDA - Pet Food Regulations
Thirteen companies making cannabidiol (CBD) products for pets were among the 15 warned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that their sales of pet and human products containing CBD violated the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: CBD not Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) for pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned 15 companies, 13 of which produce pet products, that they illegally sold products containing cannabidiol (CBD).
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Atypically, mainstream media covered raw pet food recall - Pet Food Regulations
Numerous news outlets, including CNN, USAToday, the International Business Times and at least 60 others posted the related FDA recall press release or articles based on it.
- Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Tips to minimize damage during pet food recalls - Pet Food Regulations
During recalls, pet food and treat companies can minimize health risks to dogs, cats and other animals, along with damage done to brands’ reputations.
- Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food recalls low so far in 2019, but could rise - Pet Food Regulations
Despite the relative lull post-FSMA, pet food safety consultants warn that conditions may be ripe for more recalls since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may pay special attention to pet food, as it does with baby food.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:06:00 +0000: AAFCO holds annual meeting, part 2: Pet food activities - Pet Food Regulations
Other sessions during AAFCO's annual meeting made decisions impacting the pet food industry.
- Wed, 13 Nov 2019 03:02:00 +0000: AAFCO keynote discusses how to gain consumer trust - Pet Food Regulations
Roxi Beck from The Center for Food Integrity addressed how earning consumer trust is an ongoing challenge for the pet food industry at AAFCO's annual meeting.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog food buyers confused and worried by DCM investigation - Pet Food Regulations
Dog owners have been asking pet food companies and veterinarians about canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Fri, 01 Nov 2019 16:22:00 +0000: Pet food additives bill pending in Philippine senate - Pet Food Regulations
A bill currently up for reading in the Philippines Senate would require pet food makers to include all ingredients and additives used in pet food on the label.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,