Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Point/Counterpoint: Lystn raw pet food FDA warnings - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA and a raw pet food maker disagreed about the presence of salmonella in Lystn’s A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:26:00 +0000: AAFCO meeting: pet food amendments, claims highlighted - Pet Food Regulations
A wide variety of pet food-related topics, including various definitions and amendments, were covered at AAFCO’s mid-year meeting.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit filed over Hill’s Pet Nutrition recalled dog food - Pet Food Regulations
Lawyers representing dog owner John Navarrete filed a class action lawsuit against Hill's Pet Nutrition related to elevated levels of vitamin D in the pet food company’s recalled wet dog food.
- Wed, 06 Feb 2019 17:47:00 +0000: Pet food in China: new decree, how to navigate exporting - Pet Food Regulations
Recent feed export regulation changes make it prudent to ensure you know everything you need to successfully send pet food products to China.
- Tue, 05 Feb 2019 20:53:00 +0000: How the US Farm Bill affects hemp products in pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
Hemp's new legal status in U.S. agriculture has led to speculation and action in the pet food industry. But what does it really mean for pet food and treat manufacturers?
- Tue, 22 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0000: A+ Answers Pet Food maker refutes FDA Salmonella warning - Pet Food Regulations
Lystn stated that the company was correcting a number of errors in the FDA notice.
- Mon, 14 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food companies scrutinize suppliers to avoid slavery - Pet Food Regulations
One of Purina’s dog and cat food ingredient suppliers helps local indigenous communities, safeguards Alaskan cod fisheries and minds worker’s well-being on arduous sea voyages.
- Thu, 27 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: DCM, megaesophagus: diseases linked to dog food in 2018 - Pet Food Regulations
In Australia, more than 100 dogs developed megaesophagus after eating Mars Petcare Australia Advance Dermocare dry dog food.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: #tbt Pet food recall trends: melamine to vitamin D - Pet Food Regulations
While large numbers of deaths were associated with some of the recalls, many were precautionary measures especially following implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Acts.
- Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Pet food recalls, alerts still offer lessons for industry - Pet Food Regulations
The pet food industry has implemented many new safety protocols and measures since the tragic recalls of 2007, but what else has changed — and what hasn’t?
- Mon, 10 Dec 2018 08:34:00 +0000: FDA provides guidance for pet food industry - Pet Food Regulations
Guidance For Industry documents provide additional insight on how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration views various pet food matters.
- Thu, 06 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Recalled dog foods had up to 70 times intended vitamin D - Pet Food Regulations
F.D.A. scientists have evaluated samples of some of these products, and state and private lab test results indicate that the food contained as much as approximately 70 times the intended amount of vitamin D.
- Tue, 04 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Mars sues after alleged scale error ruins pet food - Pet Food Regulations
That alleged failure resulted in the production of pet food that did not meet acceptable specifications.
- Wed, 07 Nov 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Australian Senate calls for stronger pet food regulation - Pet Food Regulations
Currently, Australia’s pet food industry has no legally mandated recall system overseen by a government agency.
- Tue, 06 Nov 2018 05:00:00 +0000: How to track slaves, sex traffic in pet food supply chain - Pet Food Regulations
The system would work for various types of human and pet food, as well as sustainability and environmental concerns.
- Sat, 03 Nov 2018 23:07:00 +0000: FDA Compliance Policy Guides: A useful pet food resource - Pet Food Regulations
There are many Compliance Policy Guides related to pet food that can offer insight into how the FDA looks at industry issues.
- Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:00:00 +0000: FDA’s big (yet sly) pet food ingredient announcement - Pet Food Regulations
During an in-depth presentation on pet food regulations, the director of CVM slipped in an update on pet food ingredient definitions. And it’s good news.
- Thu, 27 Sep 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Slave fishing lawsuits against pet foods dismissed - Pet Food Regulations
The lawsuits against Nestle Purina, Mars Petcare and Big Heart Pet Brands (J.M. Smucker) arose after reports documented the lives of Southeast Asian men enslaved on Thai fishing vessels.
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 04:00:00 +0000: FSMA inspectors want ‘why’ of pet food safety plan - Pet Food Regulations
While pet food facility workers may know the physical steps of a food safety plan, they may not have been fully trained on the reasoning behind each action.
- Thu, 20 Sep 2018 15:57:00 +0000: Pentobarbital may be wider pet food ingredient problem - Pet Food Regulations
The resurgence of recalls and dog illnesses related to pentobarbital contamination of pet foods surprised one F.D.A. official.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,