Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Fri, 22 Jan 2021 05:00:00 +0000: Confusion over GMO corn in US pet food exports to Mexico - Pet Food Regulations
A decree ends genetically modified corn imports to Mexico by 2024. However, exactly what this means for the pet food industry is uncertain. Meanwhile, landraces are losing ground to varieties developed outside corn’s crib in Mexico.
- Tue, 19 Jan 2021 05:00:00 +0000: Toxicologist, vet catch dog food toxin after early deaths - Pet Food Regulations
During the stress of the pandemic and political unrest in the U.S., pet food companies, government regulators, diagnostics laboratories and other need to work together and remain vigilant to other threats.
- Mon, 14 Dec 2020 21:41:00 +0000: The legal ‘gray area’ of CBD in pet products - Pet Food Regulations
Regulatory complications to using CBD in pet products continue to be a challenge for use in pet food and treat products, according to experts.
- Mon, 14 Dec 2020 20:49:00 +0000: More AAFCO musings: IDC discusses pet food vitamin issues - Pet Food Regulations
MSBC’s status in pet food and the changing of vitamin names on pet food labels required special attention from the Ingredient Definitions Committee after AAFCO's 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Mon, 09 Nov 2020 14:00:00 +0000: Not all meat meals in pet food are created equal - Pet Food Regulations
It’s important to know AAFCO pet food ingredient definitions and nuances; otherwise inaccurate conclusions can result, such as with the DCM investigation.
- Thu, 05 Nov 2020 22:00:00 +0000: FDA’s curious ‘inflection point’ on DCM (not an update!) - Pet Food Regulations
After near silence on the DCM and grain-free pet food investigation and no real updates for a year, FDA has issued statements that raise more questions.
- Wed, 04 Nov 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Key points of FDA meeting on DCM correlation to dog food - Pet Food Regulations
Officials with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Veterinary Medicine released several documents and statements about the agency’s investigation into correlations between specific dog foods and cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:00:00 +0000: DCM and grain-free pet food: September 2020 FDA update - Pet Food Regulations
FDA’s recent, very quiet update on its grain-free pet food-DCM investigation showed that, no surprise, it’s a complex issue that can’t be pinned to one cause.
- Fri, 09 Oct 2020 14:49:00 +0000: AAFCO holds virtual Annual Meeting: Report on the IDC - Pet Food Regulations
The Ingredient Definitions Committee session at the AAFCO Annual Meeting covered a lot of ground, including a new workshop, the current standing of several definitions, and next steps for future topics.
- Tue, 06 Oct 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Mars sues Simmons over dog food label similarities - Pet Food Regulations
Mars believes that Simmons infringed on Pedigree’s trade dress by using the same label colors and design elements.
- Thu, 17 Sep 2020 04:00:00 +0000: CBD pet products may face more FDA warnings, lawsuits - Pet Food Regulations
Depending on how that policy ends up, FDA could issue more warning letters to pet product companies using CBD in their formulations.
- Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:58:00 +0000: AAFCO’s Annual Meeting: New pet food rules are coming! - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO's 2020 annual meeting resulted in several changes for pet food, from claims to labeling to feeding trials.
- Tue, 18 Aug 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit over Champion Petfood wild-caught trout claims - Pet Food Regulations
Animal Equity, filed a lawsuit against Champion Petfood alleging false advertising of several brands of Acana pet food made with rainbow trout.
- Thu, 13 Aug 2020 04:00:00 +0000: CBD legal patchwork complicates pet product marketing - Pet Food Regulations
Individual state laws tangle with federal regulations to create a patchwork of laws governing the use of CBD in pet foods, treats and supplements.
- Fri, 07 Aug 2020 05:22:00 +0000: AAFCO defines ‘common or usual’ ingredients in pet food - Pet Food Regulations
While an already unofficially known definition for "common food" exists, a formal definition will presumably assist in universal understanding on both the regulatory and industry sides.
- Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:27:00 +0000: Philippine tax agency to go after online pet shops - Pet Food Regulations
The Philippine government says all online pet food sellers must register and pay taxes in order to be included in formal economy.
- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:20:00 +0000: US pet food exports to China look strong despite tension - Pet Food Regulations
U.S. and Chinese envoys ability to work out a deal bodes well for future pet food trade between the two economic superpowers.
- Fri, 19 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000: US pet food exports to China may hit US$300 Mil - Pet Food Regulations
As the provisions of the U.S.-China Phase One Economic and Trade Agreement come into effect, United States pet food exports to China may grow dramatically.
- Tue, 16 Jun 2020 02:49:00 +0000: US pet food with beef now allowed in Singapore - Pet Food Regulations
Learn about a 13-year-old beef ingredient restriction has been overturned in Singapore after nearly two years of discussion between the country and the U.S.
- Wed, 03 Jun 2020 13:52:00 +0000: AAFCO to require qualification of the term ‘buffalo’ - Pet Food Regulations
New requirements from AAFCO regarding the term "buffalo" will require label updates, and there is currently no grace period for enforcement.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,