Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: China lifts bird flu ban on French chicken pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
An outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian flu caused China’s ban on French chicken products, including dog and cat foods.
- Thu, 11 Apr 2019 19:25:00 +0000: Independent Conclusions of GRAS: Will AAFCO allow? - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO is looking into ingredients that obtained GRAS status via sponsors, independently and outside the pervue of a regulatory body.
- Thu, 11 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Chinese trade barriers to U.S. pet food ‘unscientific’ - Pet Food Regulations
One major barrier to U.S. pet food sales in China preceded the trade war and remains in effect.
- Tue, 02 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lab-grown mouse-meat cat treat aided by DNA research - Pet Food Regulations
Because Animals put scientific knowledge to use making cell-cultured mouse-meat as a novel ingredient in cat treats.
- Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA alert: Darwin’s Natural raw dog food for Salmonella - Pet Food Regulations
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an alert cautioning pet owners not to feed their dogs three lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products raw dog food.
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry launches Chinese-language newsletter - Pet Food Regulations
Each newsletter will contain articles in Chinese.
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Hill’s Pet Nutrition expands dog food vitamin D recall - Pet Food Regulations
Hill's Pet Nutrition expanded its voluntary recall of canned dog food products to include more varieties and additional SKUs.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Diamond Pet Foods sued over alleged heavy metals, BPA - Pet Food Regulations
The plaintiffs claimed that they spent more because they expected that premium pet foods “do not contain chemicals, toxins contaminants chemicals and other unnatural ingredients.”
- Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:00:00 +0000: AAFCO introduces the Online Database of Ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
Analyzing the benefits and challenges to pet food companies of AAFOC's new Online Ingredient Database.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Clostridium, Salmonella found in European raw pet food - Pet Food Regulations
Researchers encountered potentially disease-causing bacteria during laboratory analyses of raw dog foods available on the European market.
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Updates: 4 natural pet food lawsuits from 2017 to 2019 - Pet Food Regulations
While some of these legal issues have been resolved, others continue in courts.
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Update on FDA canine dilated cardiomyopathy investigation - Pet Food Regulations
The update covers reports of DCM received by FDA through November 30, 2018.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 5 lawsuits allege dogs dead, sick from Hill’s pet food - Pet Food Regulations
The legal actions were related to elevated levels of vitamin D in the pet food company’s recalled wet dog food. Plaintiffs claimed their dogs’ deaths resulted from elevated vitamin D in recalled dog food.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Point/Counterpoint: Lystn raw pet food FDA warnings - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA and a raw pet food maker disagreed about the presence of salmonella in Lystn’s A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:26:00 +0000: AAFCO meeting: pet food amendments, claims highlighted - Pet Food Regulations
A wide variety of pet food-related topics, including various definitions and amendments, were covered at AAFCO’s mid-year meeting.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit filed over Hill’s Pet Nutrition recalled dog food - Pet Food Regulations
Lawyers representing dog owner John Navarrete filed a class action lawsuit against Hill's Pet Nutrition related to elevated levels of vitamin D in the pet food company’s recalled wet dog food.
- Wed, 06 Feb 2019 17:47:00 +0000: Pet food in China: new decree, how to navigate exporting - Pet Food Regulations
Recent feed export regulation changes make it prudent to ensure you know everything you need to successfully send pet food products to China.
- Tue, 05 Feb 2019 20:53:00 +0000: How the US Farm Bill affects hemp products in pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
Hemp's new legal status in U.S. agriculture has led to speculation and action in the pet food industry. But what does it really mean for pet food and treat manufacturers?
- Tue, 22 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0000: A+ Answers Pet Food maker refutes FDA Salmonella warning - Pet Food Regulations
Lystn stated that the company was correcting a number of errors in the FDA notice.
- Mon, 14 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Pet food companies scrutinize suppliers to avoid slavery - Pet Food Regulations
One of Purina’s dog and cat food ingredient suppliers helps local indigenous communities, safeguards Alaskan cod fisheries and minds worker’s well-being on arduous sea voyages.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,