Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 19:00:00 +0000: European pet food survey: EU labeling law not effective - Pet Food Regulations
At Petfood Forum Europe, a pet food labeling expert shared data showing most pet food companies have not found EU regulation 767/2009 to be effective.
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 05:09:00 +0000: Pet treat net content declarations: Is count sufficient? - Pet Food Regulations
The National Institute of Standards and Technology's proposed definition pertaining to the net contents of packaged pet treats and chews has received some backlash from interested pet food industry parties.
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit claims Purina tuna suppliers harm, kill dolphins - Pet Food Regulations
The plaintiffs allege that tuna in Purina’s Fancy Feast supply chain may have been caught using fishing techniques that harm, stress and sometimes kill dolphins, along with sea turtles, sharks and other animals.
- Thu, 30 May 2019 14:00:00 +0000: Research, funding making insects more viable in pet food - Pet Food Regulations
With studies showing nutritional benefits for pets and investors funding insect protein suppliers, this may soon be a more common pet food ingredient globally.
- Wed, 22 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: US drops tariffs on Mexican, Canadian pet-food-can metals - Pet Food Regulations
United States President Donald Trump agreed to end metal tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, used in the production of pet food containers, from Canada and Mexico as of May 19.
- Tue, 21 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: AFIA opposes proposed pet treat weight labeling rule - Pet Food Regulations
The American Feed Industry Association criticized a proposed pet treat regulation that would require labeling by weight of all pet treats.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 02:56:00 +0000: Challenges of pet food labeling and public perception - Pet Food Regulations
Does regulatory compliance protect pet food companies from class action lawsuits? Maybe not.
- Thu, 09 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA drops pet food ingredient compliance policy guide - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA reiterated that the use of rendered ingredients in many pet foods, including canned pet food, can provide a safe source of fat and protein.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital pet food ingredients sold after FDA warning - Pet Food Regulations
JBS Souderton continued to sell pentobarbital-contaminated tallow to pet food companies after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had alerted the pet food ingredient supplier.
- Tue, 30 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet food lawsuits target ‘trigger terms’ in marketing - Pet Food Regulations
Stay safe from lawsuits over pet food marketing claims by avoiding particular terms while substantiating all statements.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: China lifts bird flu ban on French chicken pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
An outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian flu caused China’s ban on French chicken products, including dog and cat foods.
- Thu, 11 Apr 2019 19:25:00 +0000: Independent Conclusions of GRAS: Will AAFCO allow? - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO is looking into ingredients that obtained GRAS status via sponsors, independently and outside the pervue of a regulatory body.
- Thu, 11 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Chinese trade barriers to U.S. pet food ‘unscientific’ - Pet Food Regulations
One major barrier to U.S. pet food sales in China preceded the trade war and remains in effect.
- Tue, 02 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lab-grown mouse-meat cat treat aided by DNA research - Pet Food Regulations
Because Animals put scientific knowledge to use making cell-cultured mouse-meat as a novel ingredient in cat treats.
- Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA alert: Darwin’s Natural raw dog food for Salmonella - Pet Food Regulations
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an alert cautioning pet owners not to feed their dogs three lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products raw dog food.
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry launches Chinese-language newsletter - Pet Food Regulations
Each newsletter will contain articles in Chinese.
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Hill’s Pet Nutrition expands dog food vitamin D recall - Pet Food Regulations
Hill's Pet Nutrition expanded its voluntary recall of canned dog food products to include more varieties and additional SKUs.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Diamond Pet Foods sued over alleged heavy metals, BPA - Pet Food Regulations
The plaintiffs claimed that they spent more because they expected that premium pet foods “do not contain chemicals, toxins contaminants chemicals and other unnatural ingredients.”
- Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:00:00 +0000: AAFCO introduces the Online Database of Ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
Analyzing the benefits and challenges to pet food companies of AAFOC's new Online Ingredient Database.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Clostridium, Salmonella found in European raw pet food - Pet Food Regulations
Researchers encountered potentially disease-causing bacteria during laboratory analyses of raw dog foods available on the European market.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,