Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2020 15:00:00 +0000: FDA urges pet owners not to hoard pet food - Pet Food Regulations
There are no actual pet food shortages in the US due to the COVID-19 crisis, just unprecedented demand, says director of the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: FDA to brief animal food industry on COVID-19 - Pet Food Regulations
FDA will host a stakeholder call with the pet food and other animal feed industries on Tuesday, March 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
- Fri, 20 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Feds deem pet food industry vital during COVID-19 pandemic - Pet Food Regulations
United States Department of Homeland Security officials defined some pet food industry professionals as “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wed, 11 Mar 2020 00:55:00 +0000: 13 US pet food companies added to China customs list - Pet Food Regulations
13 new U.S. pet food companies have been added to China's GACC list, but potential barriers to export still exist.
- Tue, 03 Mar 2020 05:00:00 +0000: CBD dog treats blamed for pets’ death, illness - Pet Food Regulations
A woman in Augusta, Georgia, USA, believes that dog treats containing cannabidiol (CBD) caused the death of one of her Chihuahuas and sickened the other.
- Wed, 05 Feb 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Avoid new product launch delays with AAFCO cooperation - Pet Food Regulations
The sooner a dog, cat or other pet food company contacts the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO), the sooner that brand can launch a new product using novel pet food ingredients.
- Thu, 30 Jan 2020 22:00:00 +0000: South Korea considers new pro-animal regulations - Pet Food Regulations
New laws in South Korea promise to contribute to growing pet ownership and pet food consumption in the country, despite its reputation for dog meat farms.
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit over Blue Buffalo dog food carbs versus wolf diet - Pet Food Regulations
A dog owner filed a class action lawsuit claiming that consumption of Blue Buffalo dog food caused her pet’s obesity.
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:00:00 +0000: Links between CBD pet and human markets offer insights - Pet Food Regulations
Surveys show similar consumer interest and use of CBD pet and human products and also the same lack of information, research and legal status.
- Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:00:00 +0000: Japan pet industry prepares for new regulations - Pet Food Regulations
New government regulations for the Japanese pet industry include one limiting sales of pets online, but that doesn’t seem to affect pet food sales growth.
- Thu, 09 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: CBD not GRAS for lack of nutritional benefit evidence - Pet Food Regulations
To achieve recognition as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials, pet food ingredients must meet specific requirements, beyond simply being safe.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 22:00:00 +0000: Pet food changes coming in first AAFCO meeting of 2020 - Pet Food Regulations
Although some members of a pet food consumer advocacy group will be excluded, the AAFCO mid-year 2020 meeting includes four keynotes and many pet food business items.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: How CBD pet product brands avoid federal warnings - Pet Food Regulations
In the CBD pet products arena, the president of the National Animal Supplement Council has noted misconceptions about the legal nature of the chemical along with other products derived from hemp.
- Fri, 03 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: 29 DCM articles, blogs on Petfood Industry in 2019 - Pet Food Regulations
From January to December 2019, these 29 news articles, blogs, features and press releases directly related to canine dilated cardiomyopathy, industry and public reactions or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s investigation into correlations among the disease and certain pet food formulations.
- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: FDA warns Hill’s that vitamin D dog food reply deficient - Pet Food Regulations
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a warning letter to Hill’s Pet Nutrition on November 20, related to the company’s recall of wet dog food for toxic levels of vitamin D.
- Fri, 13 Dec 2019 19:00:00 +0000: Pet food supply chain risks include labor, animal welfare - Pet Food Regulations
Pet food sustainability today encompasses not just the environment but also nutrition and supply chain areas like labor practices and animal welfare.
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 35 lawsuits combine over Hill’s vitamin D dog food recall - Pet Food Regulations
The United States District Court in Kansas City, Kansas will hear the case, likely due to its proximity to Hill’s headquarters and production facilities.
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:00:00 +0000: CBD ‘boom’ brings pet product regulatory issues to light - Pet Food Regulations
Established and new pet food companies alike do their best to navigate nebulous legality and regulatory compliance issues, as more players enter the CBD pet products game.
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 22:38:00 +0000: Marketing pet foods with CBD: A regulatory perspective - Pet Food Regulations
Even though there may be uncertainty on the regulatory status of CBD products, responsible companies that are selling CBD-containing products should know where FDA has been focusing its enforcement.
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 13 CBD pet product companies warned by FDA - Pet Food Regulations
Thirteen companies making cannabidiol (CBD) products for pets were among the 15 warned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that their sales of pet and human products containing CBD violated the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,