Pet Food Regulations, the federal, state and local laws and regulations that govern the sale of cat food and dog food and animal feeds as well as pet food labeling laws.
- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 08:10:00 +0000: Rules for reconstitution of dry pet food ingredients - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO guidance isn’t strictly laid out, but there are some items to keep in mind when ensuring regulatory compliance of reconstituted pet food ingredients.
- Mon, 29 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Raw pet food brand sues FDA over zero Salmonella policy - Pet Food Regulations
A raw pet food brand company filed challenging the legality of the U.S. Food and Drug Administation enforcement of zero-tolerance Salmonella standards as beyond the agency’s powers granted by Congress.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 93 Salmonella cases likely caused by pig ear dog treats - Pet Food Regulations
CDC officials stated that the likely sources of the bacteria were pig ear dog treats. Officials have not identified a common supplier.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Grain-free dog food marketing legally safe despite DCM - Pet Food Regulations
The term grain-free in dog food marketing likely won’t become a target for lawsuits against pet food brands.
- Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 4 reasons DCM may not result in pet food brand lawsuits - Pet Food Regulations
Class action lawsuits may not results from cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
- Mon, 01 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: DCM: 5 brands in 58% of FDA reports, dry dog food in 86% - Pet Food Regulations
Five pet food brands accounted for nearly 58% of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2019.
- Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 16 dog food brands correlated to DCM by FDA: Acana #1 - Pet Food Regulations
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released an update on their investigation into canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
- Wed, 26 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Artisanal, craft pet food marketing may trigger lawsuits - Pet Food Regulations
Pet food marketing claims related to the quality of the products can be lead to lawsuits if those pet foods don’t live up to consumers’ expectations.
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 19:00:00 +0000: European pet food survey: EU labeling law not effective - Pet Food Regulations
At Petfood Forum Europe, a pet food labeling expert shared data showing most pet food companies have not found EU regulation 767/2009 to be effective.
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 05:09:00 +0000: Pet treat net content declarations: Is count sufficient? - Pet Food Regulations
The National Institute of Standards and Technology's proposed definition pertaining to the net contents of packaged pet treats and chews has received some backlash from interested pet food industry parties.
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit claims Purina tuna suppliers harm, kill dolphins - Pet Food Regulations
The plaintiffs allege that tuna in Purina’s Fancy Feast supply chain may have been caught using fishing techniques that harm, stress and sometimes kill dolphins, along with sea turtles, sharks and other animals.
- Thu, 30 May 2019 14:00:00 +0000: Research, funding making insects more viable in pet food - Pet Food Regulations
With studies showing nutritional benefits for pets and investors funding insect protein suppliers, this may soon be a more common pet food ingredient globally.
- Wed, 22 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: US drops tariffs on Mexican, Canadian pet-food-can metals - Pet Food Regulations
United States President Donald Trump agreed to end metal tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, used in the production of pet food containers, from Canada and Mexico as of May 19.
- Tue, 21 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: AFIA opposes proposed pet treat weight labeling rule - Pet Food Regulations
The American Feed Industry Association criticized a proposed pet treat regulation that would require labeling by weight of all pet treats.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 02:56:00 +0000: Challenges of pet food labeling and public perception - Pet Food Regulations
Does regulatory compliance protect pet food companies from class action lawsuits? Maybe not.
- Thu, 09 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA drops pet food ingredient compliance policy guide - Pet Food Regulations
The FDA reiterated that the use of rendered ingredients in many pet foods, including canned pet food, can provide a safe source of fat and protein.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital pet food ingredients sold after FDA warning - Pet Food Regulations
JBS Souderton continued to sell pentobarbital-contaminated tallow to pet food companies after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had alerted the pet food ingredient supplier.
- Tue, 30 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet food lawsuits target ‘trigger terms’ in marketing - Pet Food Regulations
Stay safe from lawsuits over pet food marketing claims by avoiding particular terms while substantiating all statements.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: China lifts bird flu ban on French chicken pet foods - Pet Food Regulations
An outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian flu caused China’s ban on French chicken products, including dog and cat foods.
- Thu, 11 Apr 2019 19:25:00 +0000: Independent Conclusions of GRAS: Will AAFCO allow? - Pet Food Regulations
AAFCO is looking into ingredients that obtained GRAS status via sponsors, independently and outside the pervue of a regulatory body.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food regulations,dog food, meat by-products, epartment of agriculture, pet food regulations, department of agriculture, poultry by-products, pet food regulations, pet treats, federal regulations, canned food,pet food regulations, dogs and cats, foot-and-mouth disease, pet food regulations, food additives, food-borne illness, pet food regulations, foodborne illness, cats and dogs, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,