Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:28:00 +0000: FDA warns consumers of some Texas Tripe raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration cautioned pet owners not to feed their pets certain lots of Texas Tripe Inc. raw pet food.
- Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:04:00 +0000: UAE boosts focus on pet food, animal feed safety - Pet Food Safety
The United Arab Emirates Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE) has established a new reporting portal to track animal health and food safety incidents.
- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 4 pet food blogs July ‘19: Salmonella, DCM, supplements - Pet Food Safety
These blogs and columns reflected Petfood Industries opinions and observations about recent developments in the dog, cat and other pet food markets.
- Wed, 31 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA, CDC recommend no pig ear dog chew use in US - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended that people neither buy nor use all pig ear pet treats in the United States.
- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:00:00 +0000: ‘BEG’ pet food does not equal DCM - Pet Food Safety
Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a hot topic in the pet food industry, veterinary community, press and among pet owners. The cause of recent cases is unknown.
- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lennox recalls pig ear dog treats for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
Public health officials in the United States continue investigating 93 cases of Salmonella infection in humans, as of July 17, which pig ear dog treats may have spread.
- Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:00:00 +0000: Recent Salmonella cases show pet food’s tie to human food - Pet Food Safety
Salmonella tied to pig ear dog treats, plus historical data, reveals links between pet food and human food, and disparity in how federal agencies view them.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 93 Salmonella cases likely caused by pig ear dog treats - Pet Food Safety
CDC officials stated that the likely sources of the bacteria were pig ear dog treats. Officials have not identified a common supplier.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:06:00 +0000: 3 considerations of pet food facility safety - Pet Food Safety
Petfood Industry takes a look at three aspects of pet food facility safety: construction, sanitation and fire hazards.
- Fri, 12 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 5 plant-based antimicrobials fight Salmonella on dog food - Pet Food Safety
Five antimicrobial chemicals extracted from plants reduced the survival of Salmonella Schwarzengrund on dry dog food in an experiment.
- Mon, 01 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: DCM: 5 brands in 58% of FDA reports, dry dog food in 86% - Pet Food Safety
Five pet food brands accounted for nearly 58% of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2019.
- Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 90% of 524 cases of dog heart disease involved grain-free - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released that information and more in an update to their investigation into canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
- Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 16 dog food brands correlated to DCM by FDA: Acana #1 - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released an update on their investigation into canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
- Mon, 20 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Deadly cat tuberculosis outbreak tied to UK raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
At least six cats, five of whom are now dead, may have contracted tuberculosis after eating frozen, raw pet food sold in the United Kingdom.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lab-grown meat may provide taurine for vegan dog, cat food - Pet Food Safety
Taurine from lab-grown meat may allow pet food formulators to make vegan and vegetarian dog and cat foods, while avoiding dilated cardiomyopathy and adhering to the clean label trend.
- Tue, 14 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: DCM: add taurine to grain-free dog foods, say scientists - Pet Food Safety
Experts recommend adding taurine to grain-free dog food formulations to avoid concerns that legumes, potatoes and similar ingredients correlate to cases of dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Thu, 09 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA drops pet food ingredient compliance policy guide - Pet Food Safety
The FDA reiterated that the use of rendered ingredients in many pet foods, including canned pet food, can provide a safe source of fat and protein.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital pet food ingredients sold after FDA warning - Pet Food Safety
JBS Souderton continued to sell pentobarbital-contaminated tallow to pet food companies after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had alerted the pet food ingredient supplier.
- Thu, 25 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet owners trust mass market and natural diets equally - Pet Food Safety
People employed in the dog, cat and other pet food industry believed that a strong majority of pet owners considered natural and organic pet food to be more trustworthy.
- Wed, 24 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Top 5 pet food industry concerns: ingredient quality #1 - Pet Food Safety
Although pet food ingredient quality ranked as the top concern, no single dominant threat emerged when 1,300 pet food industry professionals answered the question “What is the most pressing issue facing your organization?”
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,