Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Atypically, mainstream media covered raw pet food recall - Pet Food Safety
Numerous news outlets, including CNN, USAToday, the International Business Times and at least 60 others posted the related FDA recall press release or articles based on it.
- Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Tips to minimize damage during pet food recalls - Pet Food Safety
During recalls, pet food and treat companies can minimize health risks to dogs, cats and other animals, along with damage done to brands’ reputations.
- Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food recalls low so far in 2019, but could rise - Pet Food Safety
Despite the relative lull post-FSMA, pet food safety consultants warn that conditions may be ripe for more recalls since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may pay special attention to pet food, as it does with baby food.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:10:00 +0000: Champion Transparency Council aims for pet owner trust - Pet Food Safety
Transparency is one of the latest hot topics in the pet food industry, and Champion Petfoods has gone all in with the formation of a new council called the Champion Transparency Council.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Hemp CBD research aims for dog, cat dosage data - Pet Food Safety
Every animal has its own physiology and may respond differently to hemp CBD dog and cat supplements.
- Fri, 15 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: CBD pet supplements may affect dogs and cats differently - Pet Food Safety
In the experiment, CBD supplementation seemed safe for healthy, adult dogs, a few issues arose in cats that may need further observation.
- Mon, 11 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Genetic testing boosts pet food ingredient traceability - Pet Food Safety
During the past few years, several lawsuits and other negative issues arose because of unwanted species being present or labeled ingredients being absent.
- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Pet specialty retail at risk from DCM, grain-free fallout - Pet Food Safety
Certain U.S. pet specialty retailers may suffer due to the ongoing canine dilated cardiomyopathy issue.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog food buyers confused and worried by DCM investigation - Pet Food Safety
Dog owners have been asking pet food companies and veterinarians about canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Tue, 05 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry blogs October ’19: crisis management, DCM - Pet Food Safety
In October 2019, Petfood Industry contributors published 8 blogs about antioxidants, crisis management, canine dilated cardiomyopathy and other topics.
- Mon, 04 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: DCM fear hurt Montana pulse farmers’ pet food business - Pet Food Safety
One farmer questioned the validity and reasoning behind the FDA announcement concerning certain grain-free dog foods and canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Mon, 04 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Q&A: Recovering from pig ear dog chew Salmonella outbreak - Pet Food Safety
FDA provided this question and answer to help pet food and treat retailers, distributors, importers and others to understand the current situation with pig ear dog chew treats.
- Thu, 31 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA, CDC say pig ear pet treat Salmonella outbreak over - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) started their investigation of the outbreak in July.
- Thu, 17 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: ‘Severe risk’ from resistant bacteria in raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
University of Zurich scientists analyzed 51 varieties of raw pet food. They detected Salmonella in 3.9% of the samples.
- Wed, 16 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Avoid pet food media crises with preemptive press releases - Pet Food Safety
Preemptive press releases ensure that a pet food company can get their message out to journalists as quickly as possible.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:00:00 +0000: FDA reports on pig ear recalls, FSMA pet food compliance - Pet Food Safety
Pig ear pet treats contaminated with Salmonella have caused 143 human illnesses to date, FDA reported. The agency also reported on FSMA inspections.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: African swine fever threatens pet food protein supply - Pet Food Safety
Sources for pet food protein could be affected by meat protein loss as African swine fever decimates China’s pig population and the global pork supply.
- Wed, 02 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Ethoxyquin limits Peru, Chile fishmeal use in pet food - Pet Food Safety
Although Peruvian and Chilean fishmeal producers have interest in entering the pet food market, use of a synthetic antioxidant may limit their access.
- Mon, 09 Sep 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 143 Salmonella cases tied to pig ear dog chews from 3 firms - Pet Food Safety
As of August 27, the Centers for Disease Control report 143 cases of human infection by Salmonella enterica related to exposure to pig ear dog treats.
- Thu, 05 Sep 2019 13:59:00 +0000: Khapra beetle: Pet food risk from Asia dry foods pest - Pet Food Safety
Khapra beetle larvae have been found inside packages of different types of food, including pet food, meaning resistant packaging and disinfection programs are needed for control.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,