Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: China lifts bird flu ban on French chicken pet foods - Pet Food Safety
An outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian flu caused China’s ban on French chicken products, including dog and cat foods.
- Wed, 10 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Fungi and toxins found in veterinary dog, cat foods - Pet Food Safety
Veterinary dog and cat foods may contain toxins left by fungi that infected the grain used to make the products, as well as the fungi itself.
- Mon, 01 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Nestle Purina recalls Muse wet cat food for rubber pieces - Pet Food Safety
The product could contain rubber pieces that are translucent yellow with a blue backing, which may present a potential choking hazard.
- Sun, 31 Mar 2019 15:28:00 +0000: Practical tips on pet food palatability - Pet Food Safety
Improving pet's well-being and owners' satisfaction through market insights on palatability, performance, and pet nutrition. Sponsored by Diana Pet Food.
- Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA alert: Darwin’s Natural raw dog food for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an alert cautioning pet owners not to feed their dogs three lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products raw dog food.
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry launches Chinese-language newsletter - Pet Food Safety
Each newsletter will contain articles in Chinese.
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Infographic: Official data on grain-free dog food and DCM - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has compiled statistics about cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy correlated to certain grain-free dog diets.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Diamond Pet Foods sued over alleged heavy metals, BPA - Pet Food Safety
The plaintiffs claimed that they spent more because they expected that premium pet foods “do not contain chemicals, toxins contaminants chemicals and other unnatural ingredients.”
- Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 3 reasons dog owners abandon kibble for raw meat diets - Pet Food Safety
In a survey of dog owners who make raw, meat-based dog foods at home, researchers identified three main reasons people switch from store-bought kibble.
- Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet food feeding trials address breed, novel ingredients - Pet Food Safety
Dog and cat food feeding trials must meet challenges posed by diets formulated to satisfy both consumers’ demands and nutritionists’ guidance.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Clostridium, Salmonella found in European raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
Researchers encountered potentially disease-causing bacteria during laboratory analyses of raw dog foods available on the European market.
- Fri, 01 Mar 2019 17:23:00 +0000: Pet food process improvements to minimize product loss - Pet Food Safety
Techniques and technology that improve the pet food manufacturing process and minimize product, profit loss. Sponsored by Schenck Process Group.
- Mon, 25 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Spore-forming bacteria risk higher in fresh meat pet food - Pet Food Safety
Many livestock live close to the soil, and that soil harbors bacteria, such as Clostridium, which form spores that potentially hitch rides on fresh animal products.
- Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:00:00 +0000: DCM cases: unknowns prove need for more pet food research - Pet Food Safety
Knowledge gaps in the role, if any, played by grain-free pet food ingredients in recent atypical cases of DCM need addressing to understand the situation.
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Update on FDA canine dilated cardiomyopathy investigation - Pet Food Safety
The update covers reports of DCM received by FDA through November 30, 2018.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: 5 lawsuits allege dogs dead, sick from Hill’s pet food - Pet Food Safety
The legal actions were related to elevated levels of vitamin D in the pet food company’s recalled wet dog food. Plaintiffs claimed their dogs’ deaths resulted from elevated vitamin D in recalled dog food.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Point/Counterpoint: Lystn raw pet food FDA warnings - Pet Food Safety
The FDA and a raw pet food maker disagreed about the presence of salmonella in Lystn’s A+ Answers Straight Beef Formula for Dogs.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:00:00 +0000: FDA asks pet food industry for DCM-related information - Pet Food Safety
For its study into cases of canine DCM linked to grain-free pet foods, FDA asks the industry about any changes in ingredients, processing or formulation.
- Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Lawsuit filed over Hill’s Pet Nutrition recalled dog food - Pet Food Safety
Lawyers representing dog owner John Navarrete filed a class action lawsuit against Hill's Pet Nutrition related to elevated levels of vitamin D in the pet food company’s recalled wet dog food.
- Mon, 11 Feb 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Pet owners claim recalled Hill’s wet dog food killed pets - Pet Food Safety
Numerous pet owners have told media outlets and stated on social media that their dogs’ deaths were connected to recalled Hill’s Pet Nutrition canned dog food.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,