Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Thu, 17 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: ‘Severe risk’ from resistant bacteria in raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
University of Zurich scientists analyzed 51 varieties of raw pet food. They detected Salmonella in 3.9% of the samples.
- Wed, 16 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Avoid pet food media crises with preemptive press releases - Pet Food Safety
Preemptive press releases ensure that a pet food company can get their message out to journalists as quickly as possible.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:00:00 +0000: FDA reports on pig ear recalls, FSMA pet food compliance - Pet Food Safety
Pig ear pet treats contaminated with Salmonella have caused 143 human illnesses to date, FDA reported. The agency also reported on FSMA inspections.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: African swine fever threatens pet food protein supply - Pet Food Safety
Sources for pet food protein could be affected by meat protein loss as African swine fever decimates China’s pig population and the global pork supply.
- Wed, 02 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Ethoxyquin limits Peru, Chile fishmeal use in pet food - Pet Food Safety
Although Peruvian and Chilean fishmeal producers have interest in entering the pet food market, use of a synthetic antioxidant may limit their access.
- Mon, 09 Sep 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 143 Salmonella cases tied to pig ear dog chews from 3 firms - Pet Food Safety
As of August 27, the Centers for Disease Control report 143 cases of human infection by Salmonella enterica related to exposure to pig ear dog treats.
- Thu, 05 Sep 2019 13:59:00 +0000: Khapra beetle: Pet food risk from Asia dry foods pest - Pet Food Safety
Khapra beetle larvae have been found inside packages of different types of food, including pet food, meaning resistant packaging and disinfection programs are needed for control.
- Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:28:00 +0000: FDA warns consumers of some Texas Tripe raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration cautioned pet owners not to feed their pets certain lots of Texas Tripe Inc. raw pet food.
- Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:04:00 +0000: UAE boosts focus on pet food, animal feed safety - Pet Food Safety
The United Arab Emirates Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE) has established a new reporting portal to track animal health and food safety incidents.
- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 4 pet food blogs July ‘19: Salmonella, DCM, supplements - Pet Food Safety
These blogs and columns reflected Petfood Industries opinions and observations about recent developments in the dog, cat and other pet food markets.
- Wed, 31 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA, CDC recommend no pig ear dog chew use in US - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended that people neither buy nor use all pig ear pet treats in the United States.
- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:00:00 +0000: ‘BEG’ pet food does not equal DCM - Pet Food Safety
Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a hot topic in the pet food industry, veterinary community, press and among pet owners. The cause of recent cases is unknown.
- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lennox recalls pig ear dog treats for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
Public health officials in the United States continue investigating 93 cases of Salmonella infection in humans, as of July 17, which pig ear dog treats may have spread.
- Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:00:00 +0000: Recent Salmonella cases show pet food’s tie to human food - Pet Food Safety
Salmonella tied to pig ear dog treats, plus historical data, reveals links between pet food and human food, and disparity in how federal agencies view them.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 93 Salmonella cases likely caused by pig ear dog treats - Pet Food Safety
CDC officials stated that the likely sources of the bacteria were pig ear dog treats. Officials have not identified a common supplier.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:06:00 +0000: 3 considerations of pet food facility safety - Pet Food Safety
Petfood Industry takes a look at three aspects of pet food facility safety: construction, sanitation and fire hazards.
- Fri, 12 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 5 plant-based antimicrobials fight Salmonella on dog food - Pet Food Safety
Five antimicrobial chemicals extracted from plants reduced the survival of Salmonella Schwarzengrund on dry dog food in an experiment.
- Mon, 01 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: DCM: 5 brands in 58% of FDA reports, dry dog food in 86% - Pet Food Safety
Five pet food brands accounted for nearly 58% of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2019.
- Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 90% of 524 cases of dog heart disease involved grain-free - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released that information and more in an update to their investigation into canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
- Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 16 dog food brands correlated to DCM by FDA: Acana #1 - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released an update on their investigation into canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) cases correlated to certain grain-free dog foods.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,