Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Mon, 20 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Deadly cat tuberculosis outbreak tied to UK raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
At least six cats, five of whom are now dead, may have contracted tuberculosis after eating frozen, raw pet food sold in the United Kingdom.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Lab-grown meat may provide taurine for vegan dog, cat food - Pet Food Safety
Taurine from lab-grown meat may allow pet food formulators to make vegan and vegetarian dog and cat foods, while avoiding dilated cardiomyopathy and adhering to the clean label trend.
- Tue, 14 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: DCM: add taurine to grain-free dog foods, say scientists - Pet Food Safety
Experts recommend adding taurine to grain-free dog food formulations to avoid concerns that legumes, potatoes and similar ingredients correlate to cases of dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Thu, 09 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA drops pet food ingredient compliance policy guide - Pet Food Safety
The FDA reiterated that the use of rendered ingredients in many pet foods, including canned pet food, can provide a safe source of fat and protein.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pentobarbital pet food ingredients sold after FDA warning - Pet Food Safety
JBS Souderton continued to sell pentobarbital-contaminated tallow to pet food companies after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had alerted the pet food ingredient supplier.
- Thu, 25 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet owners trust mass market and natural diets equally - Pet Food Safety
People employed in the dog, cat and other pet food industry believed that a strong majority of pet owners considered natural and organic pet food to be more trustworthy.
- Wed, 24 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Top 5 pet food industry concerns: ingredient quality #1 - Pet Food Safety
Although pet food ingredient quality ranked as the top concern, no single dominant threat emerged when 1,300 pet food industry professionals answered the question “What is the most pressing issue facing your organization?”
- Mon, 22 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 11 pet food sustainability articles as of Earth Day 2019 - Pet Food Safety
Subjects ranged from the environmental effects of novel pet food ingredients to recyclable pet food packaging.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: China lifts bird flu ban on French chicken pet foods - Pet Food Safety
An outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian flu caused China’s ban on French chicken products, including dog and cat foods.
- Wed, 10 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Fungi and toxins found in veterinary dog, cat foods - Pet Food Safety
Veterinary dog and cat foods may contain toxins left by fungi that infected the grain used to make the products, as well as the fungi itself.
- Mon, 01 Apr 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Nestle Purina recalls Muse wet cat food for rubber pieces - Pet Food Safety
The product could contain rubber pieces that are translucent yellow with a blue backing, which may present a potential choking hazard.
- Sun, 31 Mar 2019 15:28:00 +0000: Practical tips on pet food palatability - Pet Food Safety
Improving pet's well-being and owners' satisfaction through market insights on palatability, performance, and pet nutrition. Sponsored by Diana Pet Food.
- Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA alert: Darwin’s Natural raw dog food for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an alert cautioning pet owners not to feed their dogs three lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products raw dog food.
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry launches Chinese-language newsletter - Pet Food Safety
Each newsletter will contain articles in Chinese.
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Infographic: Official data on grain-free dog food and DCM - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has compiled statistics about cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy correlated to certain grain-free dog diets.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Diamond Pet Foods sued over alleged heavy metals, BPA - Pet Food Safety
The plaintiffs claimed that they spent more because they expected that premium pet foods “do not contain chemicals, toxins contaminants chemicals and other unnatural ingredients.”
- Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: 3 reasons dog owners abandon kibble for raw meat diets - Pet Food Safety
In a survey of dog owners who make raw, meat-based dog foods at home, researchers identified three main reasons people switch from store-bought kibble.
- Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Pet food feeding trials address breed, novel ingredients - Pet Food Safety
Dog and cat food feeding trials must meet challenges posed by diets formulated to satisfy both consumers’ demands and nutritionists’ guidance.
- Thu, 07 Mar 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Clostridium, Salmonella found in European raw pet food - Pet Food Safety
Researchers encountered potentially disease-causing bacteria during laboratory analyses of raw dog foods available on the European market.
- Fri, 01 Mar 2019 17:23:00 +0000: Pet food process improvements to minimize product loss - Pet Food Safety
Techniques and technology that improve the pet food manufacturing process and minimize product, profit loss. Sponsored by Schenck Process Group.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,