Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Tue, 19 Jan 2021 05:00:00 +0000: Toxicologist, vet catch dog food toxin after early deaths - Pet Food Safety
During the stress of the pandemic and political unrest in the U.S., pet food companies, government regulators, diagnostics laboratories and other need to work together and remain vigilant to other threats.
- Mon, 28 Dec 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Lamb kidney may be palatable sub for liver in cat food - Pet Food Safety
Researchers at Massey University observed distinct differences among cats’ preference for various raw organ meats and co-products from cows and lambs. Likewise, raw ingredients from lamb and beef had different palatability.
- Wed, 04 Nov 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Key points of FDA meeting on DCM correlation to dog food - Pet Food Safety
Officials with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Veterinary Medicine released several documents and statements about the agency’s investigation into correlations between specific dog foods and cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Wed, 07 Oct 2020 14:00:00 +0000: WSAVA pet food recommendations: Useful or useless? - Pet Food Safety
Pet food recommendations from the World Small Animal Veterinary Association, last updated in 2013, have significant gaps and need a major overhaul.
- Tue, 29 Sep 2020 18:02:00 +0000: Japan implements certification for pet food salesmen - Pet Food Safety
The latest in pet food-related certifications in Japan will help those selling pet food guarantee the safety and high quality of the products on their shelves.
- Wed, 26 Aug 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Owners unaware of potential illness from pet food - Pet Food Safety
Researchers suggested that many Americans don’t wash their hands after feeding or playing with their cats and dogs and aren’t aware of the risk of contracting a foodborne illness from those activities.
- Mon, 17 Aug 2020 04:00:00 +0000: 7 months of grain-free dog food didn’t cause DCM signs - Pet Food Safety
Scientists continue searching for the ultimate cause of the DCM cases that the FDA is investigating.
- Wed, 29 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Core species of dog, cat gut microbiome identified - Pet Food Safety
In dogs, 15 genera made up the core, while healthy cat guts hosted 17. Dawn Kingsbury, DVM, AnimalBiome chief veterinary officer, presented the results of a five-year research project at the ACVIM Forum 2020 in June.
- Tue, 14 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Benyfit raw beef dog food recalled in UK for Salmonella - Pet Food Safety
These products have been sold by various independent pet food stores in the UK and online.
- Tue, 07 Jul 2020 10:38:00 +0000: ‘Tropical’ pet food gains Taiwan national quality mark - Pet Food Safety
Real Nature products expand their presence in the Philippines, including the new line focusing on "tropical" formulas for animal living in humid climates.
- Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Diet, genetics play roles in canine DCM; Mysteries remain - Pet Food Safety
Among more than 150 published studies related to DCM, researchers didn’t find any firm connection among cases of DCM and grain-free dog food.
- Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Confront DCM with dog food supplements, DNA tests - Pet Food Safety
While scientists still have much to learn about what causes dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs, pet food companies do have tools to deal with DCM while researchers look for answers.
- Thu, 18 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000: DCM connection to grain-free dog food not found in review - Pet Food Safety
More than 150 published studies didn’t reveal to researchers any firm connection between cases of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and grain-free dog food.
- Mon, 01 Jun 2020 09:06:00 +0000: 5 strategies for improving safety, nutrition of pet food - Pet Food Safety
A collection of pet food processing strategies that help ensure safety and nutritional value. Sponsored by APEC.
- Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Global transportation challenges reach pet food - Pet Food Safety
The world is collectively experiencing nearly unprecedented supply chain challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the pet food industry must meet them.
- Mon, 25 May 2020 04:00:00 +0000: COVID-19 will change consumer behavior: Are you ready? - Pet Food Safety
With a global economic recession on the horizon and a continued reduction in disposable income, pet owners will be more frugal with their dollars than ever before in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mon, 11 May 2020 19:32:00 +0000: Pest control in pet food facilities: Best practices - Pet Food Safety
Pest control experts McCloud Services and Wil-Kil Pest Control, who deal with pet food facilities, provide insight on how to manage pest risk.
- Mon, 11 May 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Back to work? Employees need confidence in employers - Pet Food Safety
In the next couple of months, employees will be returning back to offices, production plants and other facilities worldwide. Here’s what they want — and need — to hear from their employers.
- Tue, 05 May 2020 18:00:00 +0000: Video: COVID-19 lessons for pet food manufacturers - Pet Food Safety
Dr. Paola Cane, a crisis management expert who works with many pet food companies, shares experiences and lessons from Italy’s COVID-19 outbreak.
- Mon, 04 May 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Pet hemp supplement CBD levels vary; 4 with heavy metals - Pet Food Safety
Researchers employed by a CBD pet supplement company analyzed 29 hemp-based pet supplements sold online in the United States.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,