Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2020 15:00:00 +0000: FDA urges pet owners not to hoard pet food - Pet Food Safety
There are no actual pet food shortages in the US due to the COVID-19 crisis, just unprecedented demand, says director of the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food industry suppliers’ pandemic preparations - Pet Food Safety
As the health crisis expanded, these companies prepared and developed contingency plans for various potential scenarios in the markets where they operate.
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Purina worker positive for COVID-19; Nestle may pay wages - Pet Food Safety
A worker for Purina PetCare tested positive for the presence of the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19.
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: FDA to brief animal food industry on COVID-19 - Pet Food Safety
FDA will host a stakeholder call with the pet food and other animal feed industries on Tuesday, March 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
- Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:00:00 +0000: How pet food makers can assure pet owners amid COVID-19 - Pet Food Safety
Increasing pet food sales indicate pet owners are stocking up due to the pandemic and may turn to pet food brands for reassurance and information.
- Fri, 20 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Feds deem pet food industry vital during COVID-19 pandemic - Pet Food Safety
United States Department of Homeland Security officials defined some pet food industry professionals as “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wed, 18 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: 2 tips boost pet food industry remote work productivity - Pet Food Safety
While, pet food factories, testing labs and kennels will always need boots on the ground, many jobs can be done from the disinfected comfort of home.
- Mon, 16 Mar 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Dogs, cats seem safe from coronavirus disease COVID-19 - Pet Food Safety
Likewise, the Centers for Disease Control, OIE and World Health Organization have no evidence that pets can be a source of SARS-CoV-2 infection or spread COVID-19 to people.
- Tue, 03 Mar 2020 05:00:00 +0000: CBD dog treats blamed for pets’ death, illness - Pet Food Safety
A woman in Augusta, Georgia, USA, believes that dog treats containing cannabidiol (CBD) caused the death of one of her Chihuahuas and sickened the other.
- Fri, 21 Feb 2020 01:00:00 +0000: Emerging threat for pet food: red-legged ham beetle - Pet Food Safety
The pest was found in pet food in both Brazil and Turkey in 2019, after appearing years before in Rio de Janeiro and European countries in the Mediterranean.
- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Hill’s DCM study seeks 1,000 dogs for genetic screening - Pet Food Safety
Hill’s Pet Nutrition allied with Embark, a DNA analysis company focused on dogs, to look for potential connections between canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and specific codes in the dogs’ DNA.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 21:00:00 +0000: DCM and grain-free pet food: What will 2020 bring? - Pet Food Safety
As the pet food industry begins a new year, we wish for continued, comprehensive DCM investigations by FDA and others, plus more discreet alerts by FDA.
- Fri, 03 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: 29 DCM articles, blogs on Petfood Industry in 2019 - Pet Food Safety
From January to December 2019, these 29 news articles, blogs, features and press releases directly related to canine dilated cardiomyopathy, industry and public reactions or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s investigation into correlations among the disease and certain pet food formulations.
- Tue, 31 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Genomics may help DCM and lead to targeted dog nutrition - Pet Food Safety
With more effort to identify the genetic components of DCM, perhaps dog foods could be formulated specifically for at-risk dogs.
- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: FDA warns Hill’s that vitamin D dog food reply deficient - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a warning letter to Hill’s Pet Nutrition on November 20, related to the company’s recall of wet dog food for toxic levels of vitamin D.
- Wed, 11 Dec 2019 22:44:00 +0000: 3 steps to earning skeptical pet owners’ trust - Pet Food Safety
Pet food buyers’ may have become jaded and skeptical over the past several decades, as violations of the public trust by government, business, religious and other institutions became more visible.
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Atypically, mainstream media covered raw pet food recall - Pet Food Safety
Numerous news outlets, including CNN, USAToday, the International Business Times and at least 60 others posted the related FDA recall press release or articles based on it.
- Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Tips to minimize damage during pet food recalls - Pet Food Safety
During recalls, pet food and treat companies can minimize health risks to dogs, cats and other animals, along with damage done to brands’ reputations.
- Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food recalls low so far in 2019, but could rise - Pet Food Safety
Despite the relative lull post-FSMA, pet food safety consultants warn that conditions may be ripe for more recalls since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may pay special attention to pet food, as it does with baby food.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:10:00 +0000: Champion Transparency Council aims for pet owner trust - Pet Food Safety
Transparency is one of the latest hot topics in the pet food industry, and Champion Petfoods has gone all in with the formation of a new council called the Champion Transparency Council.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,