Pet Food Safety
Pet Food Safety at PetfoodIndustry.com Exclusive articles on the latest pet food regulations and pet food safety issues for manufacturers and pet owners.
- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Hill’s DCM study seeks 1,000 dogs for genetic screening - Pet Food Safety
Hill’s Pet Nutrition allied with Embark, a DNA analysis company focused on dogs, to look for potential connections between canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and specific codes in the dogs’ DNA.
- Mon, 06 Jan 2020 21:00:00 +0000: DCM and grain-free pet food: What will 2020 bring? - Pet Food Safety
As the pet food industry begins a new year, we wish for continued, comprehensive DCM investigations by FDA and others, plus more discreet alerts by FDA.
- Fri, 03 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: 29 DCM articles, blogs on Petfood Industry in 2019 - Pet Food Safety
From January to December 2019, these 29 news articles, blogs, features and press releases directly related to canine dilated cardiomyopathy, industry and public reactions or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s investigation into correlations among the disease and certain pet food formulations.
- Tue, 31 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Genomics may help DCM and lead to targeted dog nutrition - Pet Food Safety
With more effort to identify the genetic components of DCM, perhaps dog foods could be formulated specifically for at-risk dogs.
- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: FDA warns Hill’s that vitamin D dog food reply deficient - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sent a warning letter to Hill’s Pet Nutrition on November 20, related to the company’s recall of wet dog food for toxic levels of vitamin D.
- Wed, 11 Dec 2019 22:44:00 +0000: 3 steps to earning skeptical pet owners’ trust - Pet Food Safety
Pet food buyers’ may have become jaded and skeptical over the past several decades, as violations of the public trust by government, business, religious and other institutions became more visible.
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Atypically, mainstream media covered raw pet food recall - Pet Food Safety
Numerous news outlets, including CNN, USAToday, the International Business Times and at least 60 others posted the related FDA recall press release or articles based on it.
- Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Tips to minimize damage during pet food recalls - Pet Food Safety
During recalls, pet food and treat companies can minimize health risks to dogs, cats and other animals, along with damage done to brands’ reputations.
- Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog, cat food recalls low so far in 2019, but could rise - Pet Food Safety
Despite the relative lull post-FSMA, pet food safety consultants warn that conditions may be ripe for more recalls since the U.S. Food and Drug Administration may pay special attention to pet food, as it does with baby food.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:10:00 +0000: Champion Transparency Council aims for pet owner trust - Pet Food Safety
Transparency is one of the latest hot topics in the pet food industry, and Champion Petfoods has gone all in with the formation of a new council called the Champion Transparency Council.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Hemp CBD research aims for dog, cat dosage data - Pet Food Safety
Every animal has its own physiology and may respond differently to hemp CBD dog and cat supplements.
- Fri, 15 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: CBD pet supplements may affect dogs and cats differently - Pet Food Safety
In the experiment, CBD supplementation seemed safe for healthy, adult dogs, a few issues arose in cats that may need further observation.
- Mon, 11 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Genetic testing boosts pet food ingredient traceability - Pet Food Safety
During the past few years, several lawsuits and other negative issues arose because of unwanted species being present or labeled ingredients being absent.
- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Pet specialty retail at risk from DCM, grain-free fallout - Pet Food Safety
Certain U.S. pet specialty retailers may suffer due to the ongoing canine dilated cardiomyopathy issue.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Dog food buyers confused and worried by DCM investigation - Pet Food Safety
Dog owners have been asking pet food companies and veterinarians about canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: ‘Healthy grains’ dog foods appear in the wake of DCM - Pet Food Safety
Dog food formulators have done that by bringing grains back, adding taurine and dropping legumes and potatoes from recipes
- Tue, 05 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Petfood Industry blogs October ’19: crisis management, DCM - Pet Food Safety
In October 2019, Petfood Industry contributors published 8 blogs about antioxidants, crisis management, canine dilated cardiomyopathy and other topics.
- Mon, 04 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: DCM fear hurt Montana pulse farmers’ pet food business - Pet Food Safety
One farmer questioned the validity and reasoning behind the FDA announcement concerning certain grain-free dog foods and canine dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Mon, 04 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Q&A: Recovering from pig ear dog chew Salmonella outbreak - Pet Food Safety
FDA provided this question and answer to help pet food and treat retailers, distributors, importers and others to understand the current situation with pig ear dog chew treats.
- Thu, 31 Oct 2019 04:00:00 +0000: FDA, CDC say pig ear pet treat Salmonella outbreak over - Pet Food Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) started their investigation of the outbreak in July.
Read More About Issues of Pet food Industry Go To: http://www.petfoodindustry.com/
tag; pet food safety, dog food, natures variety, pet food manufacturers, raw pet food, pet food safety, pet food companies, diamond pet foods, cat food, pet food safety, foodborne illness, salmonella contamination, pet treats, pet food safety, alpo dog food, food-borne illness, quality assurance, raw materials, pet food safety, ino pets parents classifieds, best friend social, pet parents, pets parents,